We’re Passionate Advocates. We love what we do.
At Advantis, we're passionate advocates for our members' financial success. Our tagline “With us you can!” reflects our passion for helping our members succeed - and we are just as committed to helping our employees succeed. You’ll find opportunities for personal growth, meaningful work, and proud recognition of accomplishments. We work with passion and purpose, and empower our employees to do the right thing.
If you want to work for a values-driven organization who believes that a great member experience starts with a great employee experience, you'll love working at Advantis. The Advantis experience includes opportunities for personal growth, meaningful work, and proud recognition of accomplishments. Advantis is committed to a culture that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. For more information, please visit our website
Our vision - to be the best financial institution our members can chose and the best place our employees have ever worked. That means you get a different kind of career experience. The Advantis experience includes opportunities for personal growth, meaningful work, and proud recognition of accomplishments.
The Director Commercial Lending directs and monitors the commercial lending department for the credit union including origination, processing, closing and funding, and external outreach efforts. Recommends and executes strategy to drive continuous improvement of product relevance to our members, product growth performance, and departmental efficiency through digital transformation and channel experience improvements. Responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of the Commercial Lending department, assuring effective delivery of financial products, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and exceeding internal and external service expectations.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & OVERSIGHT INCLUDE:
- Manages the operations of the Commercial Lending department.
- Demonstrates effective leadership, teambuilding skills, goal setting, and promotes cooperation among employees and other departments. Develops a team of motivated, results-oriented individuals.
- Monitors and analyzes the risk associated to the credit union’s commercial lending programs.
- Recommends strategic direction to senior leadership ensuring appropriate plans and actions are managed to achieve results while ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maximizes of the use of current technology platforms.
- Assures the establishment of sound business lending practices.
- Manages the growth of a portfolio of commercial credits, including underwriting and risk management processes.
- Develops and maintains loan pricing strategies and matrices.
- Oversees the financial statement spreading process, ensures proper quality control measures are implemented.
- Reviews loan narratives and presents loan requests.
- Manages onsite reviews and inspections of applicant/borrower operations and property
- Oversees loan documentation and closing.
- Administers on-going reviews of the commercial loan portfolio.
- Administers the loan participation process (buying and selling) to ensure the portfolio conforms with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements corrective action to improve the risk rating of loans within the commercial loan portfolio. Actively manages problem loans and keeps senior management apprised of potential problem loan situations.
- In consultation with the management, prepares appropriate reports relating to commercial loans to assist in determining the credit union’s loan loss reserve.
- Responsible for departmental interactions with internal and external auditors, vendors and examiners including file reviews and correction of deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in accounting and finance required.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Minimum 5 years commercial lending experience at a bank or credit union.
- Must be experienced with credit underwriting commercial real estate, and C&I lending.
- Demonstrated mastery of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions.
- Experience with Buker’s Tax analysis and Buker’s FSA preferred.
- Ability to lead, train and motivate assigned staff, maintain an efficient schedule of workflow, create an atmosphere that promotes teamwork, collaboration and initiative.
- Exceptional critical thinking and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to build relationships and influence and lead change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven sophisticated negotiation skills in addition to complex analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all functions within the commercial lending department, all applicable state and federal regulations, and the credit union’s lending policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain high standards in areas of security, accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and neatness of documentation, system input, correspondence, system upgrades and system testing.
- Proficient in the use of the internet, MS Office products, particularly Excel, Accounting programs and other software programs applicable for the position. Working knowledge of other computer programs within Advantis Credit Union. Ability to adapt to new technology and learn new software applications quickly.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with members, staff and vendors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and occasionally attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hou
This position requires proof of full vaccination status as a term and condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions must be requested and approved in the absence of proof of full vaccination prior to start date.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume.
What is it like to work at Advantis? Watch our video Click Here.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.