Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
To manage the marketing, pricing, availability and procurement of spare parts pertaining to the assigned FAMCO’s products, so that the targets of sales revenue, gross margins, parts availability and stock-turn are achieved; a customer base that is loyal to FAMCO & FAMCO’s brands is built.
What you will do
- Direct the parts procurement activities and support in parts sales campaigns so that the sale volumes of the targeted product groups are achieved.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate pricing strategy & price structures to National Parts Manager; monitor & administer parts selling prices, customer discounts & customer incentives according to the guidelines set by the National Parts Manager; negotiate purchase prices with the principals through competition-price comparisons; so that the targets of gross margins and market share are achieved.
- Establish, develop and direct the purchasing & inventory management processes so that the targets of inventory turn days are achieved.
- Manage the goods receipt discrepancy claims process so that claims are appropriately settled on time.
- Study aging stocks and excess stocks. Take action on them like return to vendors or disposal as scrap in accordance with company policy.
- Lead the annual physical inventory exercise as per the company procedure so the stock accuracy is maintained
- Take action on exception reports from the system, critical stock processing, regular parts catalogue review and initial ordering for new model introductions, so that the targets of parts availability are achieved.
- Develop and maintain system of expediting back-orders with principals, find alternative sources of supply and initiate actions for speedy supplies in emergency cases, so that the non-available parts are delivered on the promised date to the customer.
- Develop and use cost effective means of transport- express, air-consolidation, sea freight etc., identify & use logistics service providers giving competitive rates and consolidate customer orders appropriately, so that the import costs are maintained within the targets.
Required skills to be successful
- Experience in parts procurement. The responsibility is UAE-wide and other countries that will come under FAMCO’s regional expansion plan
- Excellent experience in pricing strategy & price structures
- Purchasing & inventory management experience
- Knowledge of data processing. Knowledge of ERP systems ( SAP ) preferred
About the team
The role will report to the Head of Parts and you will have 9-15 direct reports. You will be working in a dynamic and busy environment wherein you will be dealing directly with different Stakeholders across the organization. The responsibility is also UAE-wide and other countries that will come under FAMCO’s regional expansion plan.
What equips you for the role
- Graduate in any discipline preferably an Engineering Graduate/ Diploma holder in a technical field.
- 7+ years of experience in the field of automotive parts
- Knowledge of data processing. Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with the principals.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Needs to understand and appreciate different opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.