Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
To perform procurement activities of goods and services in accordance with the Group’s policies, procedures, and regulations. This role will be responsible to procure quality and cost-effective material and create, negotiate, and finalize subcontracts, rate agreements, and labour supply agreements as per Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET) requirements, with the minimum turnaround time, to enhance the company's profitability, by delivering efficient, professional procurement services. Duties include planning, scheduling, initiating, monitoring, and quality assurance of all procurement and contract activities. Work requires independent and professional judgment and is performed under the general direction of the Head of Procurement. To do this, will require innovation, process-driven with a good financial and logical approach to the procurement function to ensure overall satisfaction of Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET)’s stakeholders.
What you will do
- Procurement professional, assigned to manage Procurement transactions related to Low Current Systems/ICT Systems.
- Provide a cost effective, efficient, and professional procurement services to a multiple of projects, clients, divisions, and businesses within AFET.
- Develop procurement plans and requisition schedules along with AFET units.
- Adapt standard form of contracts, in conjunction with Group legal, for the procurement of various maintenance agreements, service agreements, and agreements of purchase.
- Prepare Request for Quotations and issue them to appropriate vendors for bidding.
- Process requisitions for engineered and non-engineered goods, in a timely manner and ensure that the best commercial option is selected for company’s benefit.
- Prepare purchase orders, rate and framework agreements, and labour supply agreements with clearly agreed terms and conditions, to mitigate the company’s exposure to various risks.
- Actively participate in the development of labour supply strategies of the various projects and divisions, along with creating action plans, negotiating, and concluding the labour supply agreements and rates with a multiple of qualified vendors, and coordinating and implementing the agreed upon strategies with the stakeholders.
- Ensure materials ordered conform to the specifications and to the required quality.
- Responsible for effectively negotiating through on-line and offline for pricing, delivery and commercial terms, monitoring supplier performance in every milestone, proper reconciliation of purchase orders, closure of commitments, recovery of cost, uploading back in the ERP system.
- Assist in resolving any commercial problems, which result prior to or after placement of the purchase order.
- Prepare regular status reports on outstanding orders and highlight any potential problems before they occur.
- Undertake vendor development and analysis.
- Ensure purchasing, expediting, and material control functions are performed to the company standards.
- Review expenditure against approved budgets.
- Review enquiry and material delivery status and take (or recommend) appropriate recovery action where required.
- Ensure that purchasing and vendor records are fully maintained and updated.
- Participate in quality audits and expedite closeout of any findings.
- Participate in price negotiation for engineered equipment and significant bulk material orders with a view to achieving substantial savings for the company.
- Ensure timely procurement and delivery of approved materials, in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Implement the strategy of consolidated opportunities for collaborative procurement.
- Ensure that the stakeholders are kept up to date with the current status of the orders.
- Co-ordinate with concerned stakeholders for timely updates on requisitions status, in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Promote inter-departmental communication.
- Ensure that all approvals comply with the Group’s authority matrix.
Process & System
- Apply the P2P ERP Process for all procurement transactions by creating POs/Contracts via ERP system.
- Monitor procurement process to maintain efficiency of daily operations.
- Provide guidance to the assigned team members to ensure compliance to the procurement process.
- Assist the head of department in transforming the system to an efficient automated system of procurement process.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Implement the set administrative, purchasing, and clerical procedures to maintain efficiency of the Procurement function.
- Ensure approvals are obtained in accordance with the relevant policies and the Delegation of Authority (DOA).
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment where the company's values are clearly visible.
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty, and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief, and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of products, services, systems, and work processes.
Required Skills to be successful
- Strong and strategic negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience of developing business specific contracts and agreements.
- Capable of employing effective tactics for negotiating costs and contracts.
- Detailed oriented without loosing sight of the big picture.
- Familiarity with purchasing fundamentals and a complete understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Strong technical knowledge of material and engineered equipment, especially in ELV/ICT domain.
- Solid knowledge of software licenses’ terms and regulations.
- Capable of working directly with internal and external stakeholders and managing expectations against rapid growth deadlines.
- Expertise in improving ERP systems functionalities to implement procurement process integrating all business facets.
- Able to work across functional areas and levels of the organization and to interact at a distance.
- Listen well to others (empathy), client-centric (commercial mindset).
- Strong verbal and written communication: the ability to simplify, synthesize, and convince.
- English (full written and spoken fluency).
- Strong negotiation skills and strategic thinking.
- Energetic and motivational leadership styles focused on personal influence.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Highly adaptable and flexible in accepting new ideas, people, and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks effectively.
What equips you for the role
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical) or equivalent.
- Professional certification in Procurement is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of FIDIC or FAR.
- Degree in Business Management or equivalent, CIPS are an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Procurement role, specifically in domain of ELV/ICT Projects and annual maintenance contracts.
- Solid knowledge of cost estimation and commercial procurement.
- Solid knowledge of ERPs and E-Procurement tools, such as ARIBA software.
- Strong knowledge in identifying material categories, value analysis, sourcing, and material accounting.
- Must have handled procurement of packaged equipment and engineered systems, bulk orders, rate contracts, lump sum subcontracts, and labour supply agreements.
- Must have strong and extensive contacts with various vendors, subcontractors, and labour supply companies.
- Technical knowledge of best procurement practices.
- Exposure to both bidding and tendering process.
- Exposure to detailed cost analysis and bids normalization.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
About Al-Futtaim Malls
Al-Futtaim Malls provides development and asset management expertise, specializing in building retail-led super regional malls in prime locations across MENA and beyond. With a proven track record of creating both sustainable revenue growth and value enhancement for tenants, Al-Futtaim Malls delivers exceptional experiences and exciting shopping environments for customers.
Part of the Al-Futtaim Group, Al-Futtaim Malls leadership team brings more than 30 years of experience and a deep understanding and knowledge of the retail sector, both from a shopper’s point of view but as curators of space or landlords to other brands. The company has a directly managed portfolio including over 9 million sqft of retail space across four malls in the MENA region and two under development. Malls under the Al-Futtaim Malls portfolio include Dubai Festival City Mall and Festival Plaza in the UAE, Cairo Festival City Mall in Egypt, Doha Festival City in Qatar and Zenata Mall, Morocco.
Leveraging on the expertise of its parent company, Al-Futtaim Malls established PLEX Management Services offering a full array of services including asset management and development, leasing, and brand experience expertise to shopping mall landlords and retail organizations globally. Implementing global best practice and deploying Al-Futtaim Mall’s deep understanding of mall management and retail dynamics, PLEX promises to deliver continuous growth and long-term value for its partners.
For more information on Al-Futtaim Malls, please visit https://www.al-futtaimmalls.com/
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.