Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Consumer behaviours towards car buying experience are rapidly changing due to technology driven trends and new disruptive business models. In Al-Futtaim we are on a journey to transform our businesses to enhance value chain and provide best in class customer experiences in the new mobility space. In particular, with Electric Vehicle (EV) sales accelerating worldwide, electric mobility is becoming a reality in the UAE as well.
Al-Futtaim Automotive is the largest car distributor in the UAE and is driving EV sales with its incumbent OEMs and with new EV brands like Polestar. The customer intent for EV adoption is rapidly increasing in the UAE while range anxiety and availability of charging network remain key challenges. Al-Futtaim Automotive is looking to tackle these challenges by building an EV charging ecosystem providing EV drivers with home and public charging solutions.
The Head of EV Charging Business will be responsible the development & implementations of Al-Futtaim’s EV Charging strategy with a broad cross-functional team, look into supplier & partnership opportunities, and be up to speed with the newest market regulations & policies that potentially offer new business opportunities or have an impact on the existing setup.
On the incubation side, the New Business department is responsible for assessing innovative business ideas potential with a focus on new mobility initiatives, gathering market data, define target processes/businesses and formulize business cases leading into agile cross-functional projects.
This multi-faceted role requires the individual to have experience, knowledge and a passion for the Automotive sector, EVs and EV Charging. A UAE market-specific experience would be a plus. The candidate will work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment and collaborate with internal strategic partners to accelerate experimenting and bringing new solutions to the market. We are looking for a self-motivated entrepreneurial self-starter who can multitask in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, incubation, business development, sales & marketing, and digital solutions. Your capabilities should encompass commercial thinking, planning, organisation, creativity and innovation.
What you will do:
- Execute the initial EV charging strategy to Al Futtaim Automotive customers and Al Futtaim Group Companies
- Develop end-to-end internal processes including suppliers and customers
- Evaluate the market potential and conduct research for new charging business opportunities including extensive market research, service provider research, etc.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis new policies & legislations for new business opportunities and impacts on the current strategy and adapt accordingly.
- Attend local market relevant conferences and trade shows and represent Al Futtaim
- Define EV Charging Infrastructure Business including strategy, roadmap, budget and KPIs.
- Develop and obtain approval of a financially sustainable strategy and business models.
- Recommend and manage charging infrastructure partners.
- Develop relationship with external parties including local authorities to ensure growth of the business and alignment with policy makers
- Execute roadmap and continuously test hypothesis and refine your approach.
- Lead the daily execution of EV Charging initiative which will provide additional value to our vehicle customers.
- Co-operate with a wide range of EV Charging ecosystem related suppliers and partners, as well as multiple internal stakeholders and cross functional functions. including Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Legal, IT, Procurement, Aftersales, Comms, EV Product and Sales Operations teams.
- Focus on developing new customers and new initiatives for existing customers. Grow customer base and continuously explore new business models.
- Create sales forecasts and meet order intake targets.
- Design excellent and customer-focused processes and digital solutions.
Required skills and experience to be successful:
We are looking for a self-motivated entrepreneurial self-starter who can multitask in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, marketing, analysis and business development. Your capabilities should encompass leadership, commercial thinking, planning, organization, creativity and innovation.
- Business or Finance University Degree - MBA highly preferable
- 10 year+ experience in new businesses, business development and product/service innovation within the Automotive industry
- Expert knowledge of the EV Charging Ecosystem mandatory
- Experience within the UAE market environment and local policy makers would be a plus
- Proven ability in building new, disruptive products/services/sales channels and taking these to market
- Start-up experience highly advantageous but not essential
- Ideally the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in a variety of areas including Business Development, Sales and Marketing, Digital Solutions and Technical
- Highly structured and conceptual mindset, coupled with strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication with strong ability to network
- Strong interpersonal, team building and negotiation skills
- Expert PowerPoint skills
- Attention to details
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.