Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced IT professional to join our retail division as a Technical Product Owner (TPO).
The Technical Product Owner (TPO) works with the Business Leaders in the development of the IT Portfolio (IT Roadmap) for the business unit, aligned with its strategic goals, and is the main contact person for the business unit. The TPO also manages the technical aspects of the product development alongside the Product Owner/Manager acting as a bridge that connects business and development teams, grooming the requirements and providing technical assistance in the backlog ordering, creation and communication.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
Technical Solution Envisioning and Relationship Management
- Build a strong partnership with business unit leadership (business domain) and other key stakeholders to become fully integrated in decision-making and driving business strategic priorities
- Assist and advice the Product Owner on key technical decisions and contributes to the elaboration of the House of Quality (HoQ) / Product Backlog (Epic)
- Work alongside Business Product Owner to define, manage and accept user stories
- Participate in RFx process and evaluates functional capabilities of vendors/solutions
- Evaluating the proposed solution to ensure business fitment
- Support development of business cases, operating model changes, solutions, business buy-in and integrate in planning and budgeting cycles
- Bring new thinking and innovation to the business
- Support the Product Owner to ensure a proper Product Backlog and user stories preparation
- Innovation use cases presented
- Business Case successful through Digital Sub-Committee approvals
Technical Solution Delivery
- Contribute to the solution definition and architecture development (including phase out plans) with the Principal Engineer
- Support the Sr. Program Manager and Scrum Master/Project Manager in the program/project plan definition
- Take part in sprint planning and clear all technical questions
- Support the Product Manager with the elaboration of the Product Backlog and be responsible for User Stories to meet DOR (definition of ready), in particular:
- Breakdown of User Stories
- Specifying the User Stories acceptance criteria
- References to UX/UI, High-Level Design (HLD) and Low-Level Design (LLD)
- Contribute to the improvement of the solution demand & delivery practices, procedures, methodologies and tools
- Prepares/contributes to the preparation of the Business Requirements Documents (BRD) in traditional projects
- User Stories properly broken down and with clear acceptance criteria
- Business Requirements Documents (BRD) properly prepared
- Degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering/Science
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- IT Experience of 5-7 years and Business Domain Experience of 3-5 years (Band H)
- Experience with working in SCRUM or Agile environments and in the conduction of Design Thinking sessions
- Strong knowledge in UX design, website and mobile development etc
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role
- Experience working on Technical Product journeys for the retail industry
Job-Specific Skills: Retail business operating model and experience; Vertical business system, technology and related best practice knowledge
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.