Rotational program through all major company departments (Construction, Development, Capital Markets, Asset Management and Property Management). Assist the owners of the company in researching, feasibility assessment, financial modelling, underwriting and financing of development and acquisition projects. Modeling and analyzing individual asset as well as portfolio performance. Position will also involve miscellaneous tasks related to existing projects. Primary responsibilities will include: financial modeling, presentation creation, investor/lender support, market analysis, entitlement assessments, and miscellaneous research for special projects.
Major Functions of this Job
- Exceptional Excel modeling skills including dynamic pro formas, sensitivity tables, construction loans and complex equity waterfalls, distribution models, income statement analysis and operating cash flow analysis.
- Preparation of internal and external investment memoranda and other presentation materials. A good eye for graphic detail is needed to prepare polished, professional presentations.
- Resourcefulness to independently research market data from various sources. Must be able to organize findings in a meaningful way for purposes of investment decisions.
Other Aspects of this Job
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Abides by all Company policies and procedures.
- Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Ability and desire to cultivate industry relationships.
- Strong written & verbal skills.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must meet company background investigation and drug screening.
- Prior experience working in some capacity in real estate finance, investment, acquisition or development is preferred.
- Passion and appreciation for high-quality real estate development, investment, and operations.
- Desire to pursue real estate development or investment as long-term career path.
- Detail-oriented but able to simplify and summarize clearly.
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related business field or liberal arts degree with demonstrated quantitative ability.
- Graduate degree (Masters in Real Estate, MBA, or related degree)
- 2-4 years of experience
- Communicate Clearly and Efficiently
- Collaboration Skills
- Service Oriented
- Technical Capacity
- Proficiency in the following:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Power Point