The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Org & Talent Advisor role supports the Principal HR Business Partners providing strategic partnerships to Allstate Technology, Services and Ventures (ATSV) senior leadership on our ATSV People Strategy. This role works very closely with other Org & Talent Advisors and HR Centers of Excellence to consult with business leaders on high-impact talent initiatives that attract, develop, engage and retain employees who drive our shared purpose, a culture of equitable inclusion, performance and innovation, as well as the organizational initiatives that foster the mindset, skills, culture, structure and talent allocation to drive Transformative Growth.
Allstate Technology, Services and Ventures (ATSV) is a global organization that includes technology and engineering, corporate venture capital, real estate, as well as sourcing and procurement. ATSV brings the technological vision and operational capabilities needed to company’s core businesses and helps drive Allstate's Transformative Growth plan, which leverages the Allstate brand, people and technology to accelerate growth in our personal property-liability business. With continuous modernization of our technology ecosystems and delivery of efficient and effective operations, our technology teams are improving customer experiences, accelerating speed to market and reducing costs. As Org & Talent Advisors, we’re helping build a team where top talent is inspired to turn ideas into innovation and reshape the future of customer protection.
- Through advanced business knowledge and financial acumen, strategic and systems thinking, in-depth knowledge of the employee lifecycle and client relationships, provide evidence-based consulting on strategic org and talent initiatives.
- Apply creative thought and industry insight to help drive business transformation and create efficiencies that enable future growth, focus on talent activation to achieve outcome-based delivery, prepare for the future orchestrating the identification and development needs of our talent, attract digitally advanced talent and mitigate future attrition risks to ensure we have an engaged and high performing workforce.
- Leverage data and analytics and internal/external resources to drive digital storytelling and recommended action plans for complex and ambiguous problems. Utilize evidence-based communication to influence complex talent strategies with executive audiences. Ability to understand and portray both high-level context and deep detail based on audience needs and preferences.
- In partnership with HR Centers of Excellence, utilize Project/Product Management and HR subject matter expertise to contribute to or lead the delivery of talent strategies of moderate to high complexity to achieve business priorities. Ensure all projects and initiatives are explicitly linked to delivering business objectives and drive business value.
- Supports change management efforts leading and executing complex change plans and communications as it relates to business strategy across a global workforce.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- HR industry certifications
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Strong business acumen with talent/people lens
- Foundational understanding of the employee lifecycle and HR systems
- Foundational ability for creative problem solving
- Ability to influence up, down and across
- Tactfully challenges the status quo and identifies opportunity for continuous improvement
- Ability to quickly build trust and credibility
- Strong change agility to meet needs of dynamic internal/external environments
- Ability to engage and collaborate with wide variety of different leadership styles and be able to adapt quickly
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and HR platforms preferred
- Understands and applies consulting framework to include scoping, discovery/diagnostic and recommendations
Compensation offered for this role is $100,400.00-$135,000 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.