At AM Surveying & Block Management we provide Estate & Block Management, Building Surveying and Property Maintenance services to developments, estates and clients throughout London and the South East and we are looking for a Block Manager to join our passionate and growing team.
As a result of growth of our Block Management portfolio we are looking to expand our team.
Clients of AM Surveying & Block Management expect a high degree of service within key performance areas including professionalism, commitment to delivering on targets and attention to detail. Our hard working team have continually achieved our clients expectations, driving the company forward as we continue to meet our growth goals, establish our brand as a respected Block Management & Building Surveying/Professional Services solution and expand our team.
AM is a respected brand within the sector and this position is a rare opportunity to join our team with excellent opportunity for further progression.
Find out more about us: www.amsbm.co.uk.
Introduction to the Role
We are looking for a passionate candidate whom can bring value to our team and whom we can truly get behind to help develop as an individual for the long term. Our Property Manager will work closely with our existing Property Management team and act as a central client contact and assigned Property Manager within a diverse Block Management portfolio made up mainly of residential blocks for Resident Management Company/Share of Freehold clients.
This position is suitable for persons with a background in the Block Management industry working specifically as a Block Manager/Property Manager for at least 3 years.
The position requires the following:
· A passion for Block Management.
· A mindset of LEADERSHIP in respect of your assigned portfolio, LEADING clients to make correct decisions, not expecting clients to lead you.
· Excellent working knowledge of legislation associated with Block Management.
· Excellent working knowledge of typical leases and transfers.
· Good understanding of building pathology and resolving common defects.
· Excellent understanding of the residential Block Management sector, especially working for Share of Freehold and Resident's Management Company clients.
· Ability to multi-task, delegate and work with a team.
· A proactive and pragmatic approach when dealing with and leading clients.
· Experience and passion for PropTech, preferably experience working with Blockman & FixFlo among others.
As a Property Manager at AM you can expect to undertake the following duties:
· Working on your assigned Block Management portfolio.
· Managing client relationships.
· Handling client and leaseholder correspondence in a considered and structured way.
· Rolling out planned and reactive maintenance.
· Project Management and handling of s20 consultations.
· Reviewing, setting and managing service charge budgets.
· Delegating to Assistant and supporting staff.
· Working closely alongside our in-house Building Surveying and Maintenance crews.
· Conducting thorough site inspections using company software.
· Coordinating and chairing AGM's and resident meetings.
· Reporting to our Head of Block Management.
· At least 3 years Block Management experience as Block/Property Manager working within a private residential portfolio.
· Full membership with the Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) preferable, at least Associate Membership with IRPM may be considered, or other similar.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Full UK driving license.
In essence, if you have a passion for your work, are super organised/can prioritise very effectively, have a proactive, upbeat ‘let’s get this done’ attitude (and can follow through) and are a friendly, team player - we would love to hear from you!
What's it like working at AM?
· We're a professional team of friendly, supportive and interesting people. We all work hard and love what we do and always put a smile on each other’s faces.
· Our team are diverse, ranging from office based and on-site staff in a range of positions. We all like to stay connected with regular team catch-ups currently taking place remotely.
· We have a mindset of constant improvement, we welcome your feedback where great ideas will make a real difference.
· Commitment to personal development - we want to help you grow! Career progression is always on the horizon for the right people!
· Work within a respected provider of Block Management services with goals of steady constant growth.
- Full time Mon-Fri, permanent.
- Business iPhone and laptop
- Office based with the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week
- Pension scheme provided.
- Salary depending on experience with bonus scheme and annual review.
- Opportunity to work within a company with long history, strong work ethic and friendly atmosphere.
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Company events
- Company pension
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- Mask wearing in communal areas
- Daily temperature checks
- Increased sanitisation of office communal areas
- Property management: 3 years (required)
Expected start date: 02/05/2022