We are searching for an Assistant Property Manager; tenant service problem-solver, customer service enthusiast, and rewarding relationship builder to join our Property Management team in Phoenix.
Why work for us?
- Challenge yourself daily with interesting work in a growing international company
- Receive a competitive package of benefits including group health, dental, insurance, and matched 401(k)
- Join a supportive team with opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Be recognized for your talent and contributions with a solid compensation package
You’ll fit in great if you:
- Like solving problems at your buildings that balance service and company protocols.
- Naturally, build relationships with great communication skills.
- Enjoy organizing and prioritizing your time to meet strict deadlines.
- Are known to always have a positive outlook no matter the challenge.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager will provide efficient support in the day-to-day property management, office management, and administrative setup of our portfolio of office and industrial properties. As the first point of contact, s/he will work closely with the property management and leasing teams in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area while delivering exceptional customer service to our tenants, vendors, and other visitors. Other duties include:
- Act as the first point of contact for tenants, contractors, and other visitors by greeting visitors, and directing them to meeting spaces accordingly.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all tenants, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Assist in monitoring tenant activities for compliance with lease terms and applicable requirements.
- Answer incoming calls and forwarding accordingly and/or assist tenants with general inquiries. As well as, take action on complaints and service requests from customers in assigned buildings.
- Help in creating and enforcing building operating regulations as well as keeping records for review of performance specifications and recommending modifications to contracts.
- Coordinate tenant welcome packets and customer events.
- Aid in inspections of buildings and grounds, preparing written reports; initiating action to correct janitorial and maintenance deficiencies noted during these inspections.
- Assist in the coordination of maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of suites.
- Providing assistance in the employment, administration of, or contracting for services.
- Track and report changes in customer suites to vendors for janitorial to ensure accurate billing.
- Prepare tenant move-in/move-out notices and assist to ensure that spaces are prepared, or vacated to the appropriate standard.
- Set up, maintain, and close customer files.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual Property Management Reports.
- Draft correspondence to vendors and customers on behalf of the appropriate Property Manager.
- Processing customer requests for card access and program building access as well as conducting access card audits.
- Assist in scheduling tenant and vendor meetings.
- Input invoices and provide invoicing information to the accounting department in a timely manner.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and courier packages as well as coordinate outgoing packages/mail.
- Track and order office supplies, business cards, and kitchen supplies, as needed.
- 2+ years of Assistant Property Management experience;
- University degree or college diploma in business or real estate preferred;
- Commercial real estate experience (industrial and office);
- Proven leadership and customer service skills.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Experience with AP/AR, monthly financial reporting, and budgeting required;
- Exceptional customer service skills; and
- Great with organization skills.
Forward your resume in confidence with a cover letter outlining your salary expectations to the attention of Chiamaka Kalu-Uche.
*Please note proof of COVID-19 vaccination status is required for this position.
Artis REIT is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic factors, or other characteristics protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.