If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes AY a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
We’re proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with supporting schedules on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all tenant and property information is properly set up
- Review tenant recurring charges to ensure that all are billed without errors
- Analyze all balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare appropriate journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial reports in accordance with owner specifications
- Communicate with property managers concerning property related issues
- All financial transactions that are processed through the properties by performing balance sheet analysis, operating expense review, P&L variance analysis, cash flow projections
- Prepare calculation of annual CAM reconciliations and Tax Recovery calculations and corresponding tenant billings
- Assist in the set-up of bank accounts and new properties
- Review and maintain tenant ledgers and rent rolls; prepare and send monthly statements
- Maintain cash balances in accordance with client requirement and prepare transfer and funding requests
- Timely preparation of monthly standard reporting packages for property managers and clients
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets
- Prepare monthly Excel variances templates for property managers
- A/P and A/R functions
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 yrs accounting experience preferably in commercial property management
- Advanced Excel skills creating and utilizing complex spreadsheets is a must
- Knowledge of cash and accrual basis accounting
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and handle multiple projects at one time
- Excellent product quality and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MRI and/or Yardi
- High energy, deadline driven, detail-oriented individual
- Must have positive attitude and flexibility toward workflow, teamwork, and task management
- The ideal candidate must have the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from management, to accomplish objectives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!