B. Riley Financial (“B. Riley”) provides collaborative solutions tailored to fit the capital raising and business advisory needs of its clients and partners. B. Riley operates through several subsidiaries that offer a diverse range of complementary end-to-end capabilities spanning investment banking and institutional brokerage, private wealth and investment management, financial consulting, corporate restructuring, operations management, risk and compliance, due diligence, forensic accounting, litigation support, appraisal and valuation, auction and liquidation services. B. Riley is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices across the U.S. as well as an international presence.
B. Riley Advisory Services works with lenders, law firms, private equity sponsors and companies of all types. Our Advisory Services are a unique mix of Valuation and Appraisal Services including asset-based lending (ABL) Valuations, Restructuring and Turnaround Management, Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support and Transaction Support Services including Due Diligence and Quality of Earnings Reviews. B. Riley Advisory Services is the trade name for GlassRatner Advisory & Capital Group, LLC, Great American Group Advisory & Valuation Services, LLC, Great American Group Machinery & Equipment, LLC, and Great American Group Intellectual Property, LLC.
Corporate Advisory & Valuation Services (CAVS) is a group within B.Riley Advisory Services that specializes in enterprise, intangible asset, tangible asset valuations, and specialty consulting services. CAVS’s engagements are utilized in support of financial reporting requirements, lending decisions, tax reporting requirements, cost segregation studies, fairness and solvency opinions, internal management and decision making and litigation.
We are seeking a Real Estate Valuation Manager for our New York City office.
Managers work on and lead a variety of assignments, including the valuation of residential, commercial, industrial as well as lodging and other type of properties for purposes ranging from litigation to financial reporting to management decision making. Successful candidates will be analytical self-starters who embrace the academic and pragmatic elements of valuation in the context of transactions. In addition, they will enjoy an entrepreneurial and collegial environment where passion for learning about new business models, industries and travel will be rewarded.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the lead on engagements and interact directly with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the training, development, mentoring and managing of junior staff.
- Perform in-depth company, (real estate) industry, market, economic, and competitor research.
- Gather data pertinent to the engagement through public and proprietary data research, and direct client interaction.
- Develop the cost approach, the sales comparison approach and the income capitalization approach per the direct capitalization method as well as the discounted cash flow method utilizing Microsoft Excel as well as software such as Argus Enterprise.
- Prepare written communications of both qualitative and quantitative research results in a clear and concise manner including appraisal reports for various client needs.
- Domestic and international travel for site inspections, and other company commitments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, accounting, finance, economics, or business from an accredited college/university.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- MAI, CPA, MBA a plus, but not required.
- Certified General Appraisal license a plus, but not required.
- Proven experience in real estate valuation.
- Strong analytical abilities paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional work ethic with the ability to master new tasks quickly.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel.
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel.
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements.
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.