The Real Estate team is an integral part of Baker McKenzie's Dubai Office and has been involved in some of the regions largest most high profile deals in recent years, including advising ADNOC on the market leading USD 5.5 billion monetization of assets transaction with Apollo Global Management.
The achievements of the Real Estate team have been recognised externally with the Department being awarded "Real Estate Team of the Year in the Middle East" in 2021 at the Middle East Legal Awards and "Real Estate Law Firm of the Year in the UAE" at the Chambers & Partners Middle East Awards 2021.
The Real Estate team works closely and regularly with the Regional and Global Real Estate practices of the Firm which boasts more than 500 real estate professionals around the world. The work of the UAE Real Estate team is varied, of high-value and often international in nature.
Our Real Estate department advises on a wide range of property matters specialising in the areas of:
- High value investment acquisitions;
- Hotels and leisure sector transactions;
- Corporate headquarter leasing;
- Development projects;
- Retail (luxury goods) leases;
- Real estate financings;
- General landlord and tenant matters;
- Real estate input into M&A transactions.
The department acts for a diverse range of high profile clients in the corporate and financial arena and its primary client base comprises multinational corporates, family offices, financial institutions and private equity houses across a wide range of sectors, including hospitality, technology, media, telecoms, energy, mining, oil and gas, chemicals, construction, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
The team combines an extremely high level of real estate expertise that focuses on delivering clear, commercial and pragmatic advice. The successful candidate would be working within this supportive and collegiate environment.
We are currently seeking an ambitious and talented Junior Associate, looking for a challenging and rewarding new role. Interested applicants should be able to demonstrate exemplary technical skills and relish the opportunity to join a truly unique and successful global real estate team.
The role will involve:
- Working on large, scale, complex international Real Estate matters
- Advising and supporting leading multi-national corporates with their occupational requirements
- Working closely with the Gulf Real Estate team to assist with transactions across the region
- Working closely with the Dubai office Banking team to support real estate finance transactions
- Working closely with the Dubai office Corporate team in the coordination and implementation of multi-jurisdictional mergers and acquisitions
- Developing relationships with clients, including understanding clients' businesses, economic drivers, markets, and sectors in order to deliver relevant and commercial advice and contribute to growing the relationship and winning further work.
- Engaging in business development activities, and being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work.
- Working as part of a team and taking an active role in sharing knowledge and experience.
- Associates are given regular and direct contact with clients, with a culture based on associates being given the level of responsibility that they are ready for, rather than a PQE based method of work allocation.
- Posting to other offices under the firm's associate transfer programme is also a possibility.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academics credentials
- Substantial experience of commercial real estate gained within an international or 'city' law firm
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills (Arabic language is an added value, but not a necessity)
- Initiative and proactivity
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- High work standards
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Common law real estate experience
- Experience of complex real estate transactions
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn - the right candidate will want to continue to develop their key competencies and skills
- Strong service orientation, with good client management skills
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Open and co-operative attitude with professional outlook
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Being awarded 'Law Firm of the Year (International)' at the LexisNexis Middle East Women in Law Awards 2022
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2020 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, our Recruitment Manager on +971 4 423 0000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.