Legal Order and Case Resolution Operations manages and processes legal documents and court orders served on Bank of America including levies, garnishments, subpoenas, small claims, direct suits, actions, counterclaims, and class actions involving bank products like deposits, credit cards, and mortgage and vehicle loans. The Mortgage Resolution Specialist II is responsible for managing residential mortgage related litigation which involves working with outside vendors including attorneys, external business partners, and various internal Front Line Units (FLU) to resolve litigation on behalf of the bank and its investors. Each Mortgage Resolution Specialist II on the team:
- Independently manages a case load according to deadlines and deliverables dictated by the courts, federal/state law, or business procedures.
- Review reassigned cases received from the Case Resolution Operations (CRO), complete case level details/information in department’s system of record and hire attorney (if applicable).
- Complete research needed utilizing various bank systems.
- Review and gather supporting documents/information on document execution requests received from attorneys such as discovery, settlement agreements, affidavits, and other documents that may be needed as it pertains to the case.
- Communicate with internal FLU’s via email or phone calls to gain supporting information that can assist with the resolution of the litigation.
- Communicate recommended settlement authority or case direction from attorney to management, providing own recommendation for consideration/feedback.
- Supports teammates as needed when teammate is out of the office.
- Completes all daily/routine metric and exception reports within allotted time frame.
- Ability to analyze legal documents and apply procedures to accurately identify needed action (detailed diagnostic analysis and troubleshooting problem solving skills).
- Proficient/Excellent business writing skills to convey reasoning and justification for a request or decision to management.
- Verbal and written communication to obtain clarifying information or explain action needed (phone calls, emails, chats).
- Proficient with MS Excel to effectively read and manage metric and exception reports.
- Proficient with MS Outlook for managing/filing emails and following up on tasks/emails.
- Working knowledge of mortgage and default servicing processes.
- Ability to quickly acquire proficiency in all process specific tools and remain current with iterative software and process updates (Learning/relearning).
- Ability to accurately execute an intricate process within very tight timelines.
- Paralegal certification/working knowledge of legal terminology.
- Working knowledge of MS Word including but not limited to use of various editing tools such as track changes.
- Process specific tools: LoanSphere (BKFS), Home Loans Mortgage Servicing (HLMS), Mortgage Servicing Package (MSP), Document Management Portal (DMP), LAMP 360, Pivot, Debt Manager (DM), SharePoints, Solution Center.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Weekly Schedule:M-F 7a-4p
Referral Bonus Amount:0