As a Barclays Property Manager, your role is within Corporate Real Estate Solutions (CRES) and Location Strategy operates within Chief Operations Office (COO) and is a centralized, global function, which supports the business by delivering and operating its real estate strategy. CRES has an operational presence in over 50 countries. You will support the Global Lead for Estate Management with all aspects of property management activities associated with managing Barclays Global owned and leased portfolio of c. 850 properties in 31 countries.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
• Working in collaboration with the Transaction Management team as part of the Business Engagement
- Ensuring that the portfolio is managed in line with Barclays Real Estate Policies
- Working with other functional teams within CRES and Location Strategy to deliver high quality services
- Providing property management advice and strategy to the business and other CRES pillars
- Managing Barclays’ global real estate services partner to ensure services delivery
- Responding to general requests from the business and other CRES departments
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in estate management with experience of landlord and tenant legislation on a national, plus regional or global basis
- Proven track record and experience of working in or with corporate real estate departments managing delivery of real estate services
- Broad experience of managing outsourced real estate services providers delivering multiple lines of business to contracted scope
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Have broad knowledge of global property markets, typical lease practices ad standard leases
- Proven track record and experience of working in a major real estate services supplier
- Have experience of the impact of real estate on the balance sheet and P&L including the recent accounting standard IFRS16
- Have experience of managing a global portfolio covering such services as property management, financial management including budgeting and valuations
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
#LI-Remote and #LI-Hybrid