At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value. We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes from engaged, happy and well-trained team members. In 2018 and 2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and Great Place to Work’s "Best Workplaces for Women." BH was also ranked in 2018 and 2020 as one of the "Best Workplaces for Millennials.” In addition, in 2019, BH was named to the 100 “Best Workplaces for Diversity.” We continue to recognize that we are only as strong as each individual employee and we value our employees by providing a strong benefit package:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
The Community Manager is responsible for the successful day-to-day operations of the community while ensuring company standards are achieved and excellent customer service is delivered.
- Regularly inspects the property ensure company standards are being met and takes appropriate action to establish property compliance with safety, industry and state/city/federal regulations to ensure safe and stable operation of the property at all times; identifies areas of improvement and offers suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity and profitability of the property.
- Gathers, analyzes and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implements marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals. Monitors and analyzes traffic logs, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc. to be able to give up to date and proper information as requested.
- Manages resident retention ensuring residents are responded to in a timely manner and taking necessary action to address service issues; monitors resident satisfaction.
- Oversees requests for repairs and maintenance and ensures appropriate response to resident requests for service orders; verifies, inspects and confirms status of all vacant units.
- Works with Regional Manager on operating income/expense budgets that reflect the owners’ objectives for property operations, cash flow requirements and leasing strategy; ensures all budgeting guidelines and financial systems relating to purchase order systems as well as expense monitoring and approval
- Prepares property operational and financial reports as directed/as needed; reviews monthly income and expense reports and reports on any variance from budget; coordinates collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants and the owners’ policy on accounts receivable; collects delinquent accounts promptly.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and mentors property team members.
- 3-5 years of prior property management experience
- Ability to travel via automobile and airplane for company required training/business
- Intermediate MS Office Word/Excel and computer technology skills
- Professional demeanor and strong, professional communication and presentation skills
- A positive, motivating and team- oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Management
- Background in Accounting/Finance CAM/Licensed Property Manager
- Yardi experience a plus
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday, with weekends possible if needed to meet business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and the ability to provide the information necessary to comply with applicable Federal and State COVID-19 vaccination, and/or related testing and safety requirements.