Primary Purpose of Position:
Support the Senior Vice President, Property Management, the Vice President, Engineering, and the Director, Safety & Security in their leadership roles by overseeing property administration and operations, improving and maintaining standardized practices and procedures, and implementing new tools and programs to increase the efficiency of Property Management team members in the Washington, DC Region.
- Manage the implementation of new tools, programs and company-wide initiatives within Property Management. Facilitate communication, training and follow-up as needed to ensure successful adoption and/or compliance.
- Serve as the liaison between Property Management and the applicable Corporate Services Department regarding questions, issue resolution, information requests, new program rollouts, and so forth.
- Assist in the due diligence process for prospective buildings including reviewing service contracts and overseeing the acquisition of new staff if appropriate.
- Assist department leadership in research, data analysis, and presentation of special projects and requests from Corporate, Region, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external building audits for all property management offices.
- Serve as the department’s liaison with the BXP Diversity & Inclusion Committee’s Supplier Diversity Goals regarding Underrepresented Business Enterprises (UBEs).
- Oversee the myCOI program for DC Property Management, including monitoring compliance statistics, following up with PM teams, and serving as the primary point of contact with myCOI.
- Assist the Director, Safety & Security with the companywide Volunteer AED Program.
- Provide training and assistance to newly hired Property Management staff on Company databases, tools and policies as well as provide initial orientation.
- Create Small Business plans for GSA leases; review with leasing if prepared by brokers. Monitor small business involvement at GSA buildings to ensure BXP is meeting the SBA goals outlined in Small Business Plans and make applicable vendor recommendations to managers with GSA tenants. Bi-annually complete SBA reports of vendor services for GSA tenants.
- Serve as department liaison with Internal Audit for DC regional audits of vendor contracts and property management cap ex; provide information as needed and follow up on findings within designated time period.
- Tax management for the DC Region property tax payments ensuring receipt of bills, assessments, etc. Obtain supporting documentation for appeals, projections and increases and distribute as needed. Prepare analysis, distribute internal correspondence and schedule related meetings.
- Provide guidance and support to the Property Management Coordinators, Assistant Property Managers, New Hires and Portfolio Property Administration Coordinators, including coordination of consistent training and standardized procedure implementation. Partner with Property Manager in providing coaching regarding individual development as appropriate.
- Provide recruiting support and oversight for new Property Management staff including facilitating flow and screening of resumes and participating on the interview team.
- Oversee department compliance with Accounting Operations requirements, including new vendor requests, recurring voucher setup, month- and quarter- close deadlines, etc.
- Maintain department portfolio lists and org charts as staff changes occur, and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Partner with Property Management Coordinator to monitor and maintain timely coding of regional and property invoices.
- Assist in various regional RFPs by preparing documents, inviting and coordinating with bidders, processing analysis and contract approval, and finalizing agreements in accordance with BXP Internal Audit Bidding Requirements.
- Maintain the master Contract Control Sheet for DC Region.
- Provide calendar management and meeting coordination for Senior Leadership, including visitor preclearance, booking conference rooms and/or catering, and meeting agendas/notes as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Leadership, including working on projects, documents of confidential nature and all correspondence creation and distribution (e.g. letters, memorandums) including editing, proofreading, PowerPoint and spreadsheet creation and maintenance.
- Manage regional files per BXP Records Retention Policy (electronic and physical).
- Coordinate documents for signature to include reviewing all materials for proper backup and facilitating appropriate dissemination.
- Facilitate distribution of information to Senior Management and Property Management staff.
- Code purchasing card and corporate card transactions and process regional purchase orders and invoices for review and approval.
- Coordinate the preparation of operating budgets and the quarterly variance report process.
- Coordinate and review annual property management capital expenditure budgets as well as provide assistance in the coordination and preparation of quarterly status report.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A High school diploma or equivalent education certification required. An AA/AS or BA/BS desirable.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in busy office environment is required with an emphasis on strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Prior work experience in property and real estate management positions highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, including Teams, SharePoint, and Visio preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to retain knowledge of a multitude of information, procedures and workflow processes.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as a productive member of a team.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and possesses excellent follow-through.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment required (Printer, Copier, Scanner, etc.). Conference room/presentation equipment knowledge preferred.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently and to set priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to effectively and professionally manage personnel and deal with a broad range of personnel matters.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as answering the phone and operating a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as filing and photocopying, faxing etc.
- Involves movement between departments and sometimes office building floors to facilitate work
Internal and External Contacts:
Regularly interfaces with members of Boston Properties Senior Management team & various Boston Properties staff, tenant contacts, vendors/contractors and various consultants.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Property Management, who provides daily supervision and guidance, and coordinates, evaluates, and monitors work performance on a periodic basis.
As a federal contractor and in observance of our company’s vaccination policy , Boston Properties is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, therefore, all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine can request an exemption from the vaccination requirement.