LOCATION 4500 South Damen Ave Chicago IL US 60609
Bring your 10+ years of experience in retail store developmentto a growing Fortune 500 retail company and certified Great Place to Work! Burlington Stores is a nationally recognized retailer of high quality, branded merchandise at everyday low prices, with over 840 stores in 45 states and Puerto Rico, and we are seeking an experienced retail real estate professional to join our team.
Burlington Stores, Inc. is seeking a Director of Real Estate for the Central territory. The Director willbe responsible for all real estate activity in their assigned states, including new store development, lease negotiations, and relocations.
Prefer candidates home based in one of the following metropolitan cities: Detroit, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Chicago
Travel requirement will be about 50%.
This position requires at least ten years of experience in retail development in a big box or junior box environment and strong market knowledge of this territory. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong business and financial acumen and proven real estate analytical capability.
- Execute against established real estate strategy, including market analysis and strategic placement of new stores
- Execute real estate transactions, including planning, negotiating, and managing the local brokers
- Ensure the real estate transactions meet the financial and operating objectives of the Company
- Coordinate the overall real estate process by working with Store Innovation, Store Planning, Construction, Legal, Store Operations and Finance
- Lead, plan, and participate in site visits for real estate selection
- Must have overall market knowledge for big box retailers in assigned territory
- Must be able to travel to domestic properties, approximately 2-3 trips per month
- Participation in monthly Real Estate Committee Meetings
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer high-performing, motivated associates a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2022-182382
Address 4500 South Damen Ave
Shopping Center The Yards Plaza
Zip Code 60609
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Posted Date 5/18/2022 4:49 PM
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Real Estate/Store Development