This is a remote position reporting to the Chief Development Officer. Our Directors of Real Estate support the growth of Cafe Rio in in site selection, lease negotiation and performing due diligence. Building on the success of the brand and using our modeling tools and experience you will help to identify new locations to be opened. Along with new location identification, you will help to identify relocation and/or options to remodel existing locations by adding drive-thrus. The ability to negotiate the best deals as well as targeting the most optimal trade areas for the Cafe Rio brand will contribute to success in this role.
Travel to designated markets to evaluate the real estate, understand the market dynamics, and evaluate each market to recommend new deals to the Real Estate Committee and Lease and Construction Committee.
- Manage a multi-state brokerage network, motivating and holding teams accountable for new store development.
- Own the real estate development process from site selection through to lease execution, which includes managing the kick-off of design documents, site investigation reports, permit studies, and budgets.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of brokerage site submission presentations (SSP)
- Sheppard negotiation efforts through final lease execution and internal consents
- Point of contact and relationship manager to landlords and our preferred developers
- Ensure real estate opportunities meet financial objectives of Cafe Rio
- Partner with cross-functional team members such as Design, Construction, Finance and other pre-open team partners
- Maintain reports and participate in weekly meetings with company leaders on the status of real estate site selection through to the completion of lease negotiations
- Partner with our outsourced legal vendors to ensure letter of intent items are incorporated into the lease, and that specific opening requirements are addressed prior to lease execution
- Maintain industry relationships with landlords, developers, brokers, and other retailers
- Use our SaaS platform, SmartSheets, for all active project updates
- Manage portfolio optimization objectives for existing restaurant locations, i.e. relocations, drive-thru and remodel, etc.
BA/BS degree in Business, Real Estate, or Financial related field preferred
5 - 10 years of experience in single-tenant retail, multi-unit / multi-market site selection and real estate transaction management; not just brokerage or sales experience.
- Fast Food and drive-thru experience is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Experience as a construction project manager a bonus
Collaborative individual who desires to contribute to the success of themself and others
Capable of managing high volumes of negotiations, across multiple transaction modalities.
Relationship-oriented within and outside Cafe Rio
Skillful with eSite or similar analytics platform, Smartsheet and Microsoft Office
Available to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Passionate about joining Cafe Rio!
Brand: Cafe Rio
Address: 215 N. Admiral Byrd Road Salt Lake City, UT - 84116
Property Description: Restaurant Support Center
Property Number: CORP