POSITION: Traveling Leasing Specialist (Full-Time, Non-Exempt)
DIRECT REPORT: Director of Operations
This full-time position will reward your people skills, sales experience, high energy, positive attitude and excellent performance with great earnings possibilities and outstanding advancement opportunities. The Traveling Leasing Specialist will be responsible for leasing efforts at several Cardinal communities across the nationwide portfolio. The Traveling Leasing Specialist strives for 100% occupancy through retention of existing residents, leasing current availability and pre-leasing of future availability. This is an excellent opportunity for exposure to several communities, asset types, and teams within our organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Be an ambassador for customer service by consistently going above and beyond to ensure that Cardinal customers are satisfied.
- Utilize the Cardinal Way of Leasing by:
- Warmly greeting prospective clients
- Answering incoming leasing calls
- Determining needs and preferences
- Professionally presenting the community and apartment homes
- Utilizing feature/benefit selling
- Closing the sale
- Following up
- Complete all lease applications and lease file paperwork.
- Maintain accurate lease file documentation in accordance with company policy; participate in lease file audits as assigned by the Community Manager.
- Be an expert on current market conditions and trends, by shopping competition and attending Cardinal trainings.
- Maintain cleanliness of the tour path to ensure for a positive first impression of the community.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with team members, residents, prospective residents, and vendors.
- Participate in and assist with planning community events.
- Assist with various additional community projects as assigned by the Community Manager.
- Participate in Cardinal U training as required.
- 1-2 years of customer service and sales experience
- Strong communication skills
- High-energy and enjoys a fast pace environment
- Enjoys and takes pride in providing excellent service
- Great with people — warm, friendly and helpful in person and on the phone
- Basic computer skills: typing and writing ability for correspondence, memos, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Available evenings and weekends
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal Core Values every day
COMPENSATION: Hourly Rate, plus Benefits and Bonus eligibility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents work both inside and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including amenities and have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and climb, stoop, or squat. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and sleet.
The employee must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Routine local travel is required to attend training classes, client visits, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Overnight travel may be required to attend training, property visits, and other situations necessary for the accomplishment of special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.