Senior Underwriting experience in QA Risk role
- Minimum of 4 years underwriting (FHA DE, VA LAPP, SAR)
- Strong first mortgage (prime) underwriting and regulatory compliance knowledge;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience;
- Strong knowledge of Automated Underwriting Systems (DU, LPA, TOTAL, CDE)
- Strong PC Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills •
- Must be able to accept and immediately implement constructive feedback;
- Must be able to work OT as needed;
- Independent and self-sufficient worker;
- Able to prioritize and manage daily productivity;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to effectively meet deadlines;
- Assist on departmental special projects as assigned / needed;
- Highest level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Ability to follow complex methods and procedures;
- Must be flexible and able to shift focus quickly;
The Originations Quality Assurance (OQA) program is designed to provide actionable information to executive management relative to the level of adherence to Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Veterans Affairs (VA), Fannie Mae (FNMA (Federal National Mortgage Association)) and Freddie Mac (FHLMC (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation)), Chase Home Equity and Non-Agency requirements, and to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, and interagency regulatory guidance.
OQA provides independent assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of firm wide processes, controls, governance and risk management. The findings must be accurately recorded and consistent with the defects noted in our Automated Compliance and Evaluation System (ACES) system of record.
As part of the firm's disciplined governance approach to risk management, the OQA program detects manufacturing quality errors, loan integrity issues and other risks via sampling of transactions or targeted testing. The OQA program identifies opportunities to improve processes and procedures, provides appropriate feedback and drives resolution of issues through development of action plans and documented feedback plans within Home Lending (HL).
The Quality Assurance (QA) Associate aka Editor must validate the UW Sr. Specialists risk rated files using various Chase systems for loans originated within the Chase Consumer/Retail and Correspondent channels.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans