JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .JP Morgan Chase:
Our Firmwide Risk Function:
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Commercial Real Estate Group (CRE):
Work with the best commercial real estate team in the industry! As the largest financial institution and multifamily lender in the country, JPMorgan Chase is looking for seasoned real estate appraisers who want to bring their expertise and knowledge to a team that specializes in multifamily and commercial appraisal assignments, with a strong emphasis on multifamily product ranging from 5 to 500 units. We are dedicated to helping real estate appraisal professionals grow with our team. We will provide all the equipment, training, data sources, and software for real estate appraisers who have an eagerness and passion for ensuring that appraisal reports meet our strong quality assurance standards. This position will provide real estate appraisers with hands-on real estate experience that will prepare individuals for a variety of real estate related roles with the firm.
A successful candidate's essential job duties include:
- Appraise 5+ unit multi-family residential, mixed use and/or commercial properties to estimate the market value for related financial transactions in accordance with internal policies/procedures, industry standards and regulatory requirements (USPAP & FIRREA).
- Interview real estate market participants for rent surveys, sales surveys and subject property analysis.
- Must be self-motivated and manage time efficiently to meet service level deadlines.
- Deep knowledge of local real estate metro areas and neighborhoods. Continual development of local market knowledge and national real estate trends is required.
- Understanding of various building construction types, flood/environmental hazards, earthquake and zoning conditions (as pertinent).
- Learning and performing the administrative tasks that drive the CRE Appraisal process.
- Using risk-based decisions, work with stakeholders to ensure that appraisal reports are complete, accurate, credible, relevant, and reasonable based on sound real estate appraisal methodology.
- Requires a 4-year college degree.
- State Certified General Appraiser License (Commercial Positions).
- Minimum 3 years' experience appraising multifamily residential, mixed-use, and/or commercial properties.
- Strong analytical, business writing, and oral communication skills are a must.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving.
- Computer/technology knowledge is required as well as a proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite).
- DCF programs knowledge and methodologies are preferred.
- Experience appraising for financial institutions is preferred.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans