- Perform daily on-site walk-thru's to ensure contract performance, safety compliance, and quality control with the intent of delivering a quality commercial office project.
- JPMC point person to liase with Owner's Development and Construction Managers on the day to day project management and execution of the project delivery strategy
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- The ability the make decisions that consider underwriting models.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Implement document control procedures for all construction related documents including contractual agreements and insurance documents.
- Draft scope review, bid and award process.
- Maintain change order logs and related project documentation.
- Manages the permit and DOB, MTA, and related governmental requirements.
- Assist with the regular updates to project budgets and schedules.
- Work with Construction Manager(s), Development Manager, Project Safety Team and subcontractors to establish, monitor and ensure that the project is delivered to the most stringent safety standards and in line with project insurance requirements
- Help develop Project Quality Management and Execution Plan that establishes, monitors and ensure spaces are delivered at the highest level of quality requirements. Work with CM's to train the behaviors and engagement with the supply chain that will result in achieving the established quality requirements and zero defects at turnover.
- Explore ways to accelerate overall project schedule while maintaining high safety standards.
- Identify opportunities to reduce overall construction costs throughout the project.
- Regularly work with Construction Manager to resolve field and contract issues.
- Review and approve budget transfers, commitments, change orders and invoices.
- Assist in the negotiations of all subcontractor and professional contracts, change orders and GMP.
- 10 - 15 years design and construction administration experience with a focus on commercial projects.
- Decision making responsibility for the entire construction process.
- A professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of architectural, structural, and MEP systems.
- Construction/field experience and project management skills.
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
- Degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred: Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering + Management, Architecture, other related fields or experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create consensus across a large number of constituents
- Excellent presentation skills, in particular the ability to create senior management presentations for the firm's leadership team and the Board of Directors
- Strong executive presence; comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
- Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions and drive execution to full completion
- Strong ability to create, implement, and monitor all construction schedules and control systems, policies, procedures, systems and standards
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of C&S construction process, cost estimation, and prime/subcontractor level of cost detail tracking; possesses skills and understanding of financial controls
- Experience with project filing and close-out processes
- Proven track record creating reporting for project governance, spanning weekly and monthly reporting, risk and control oversight, and infrastructure required to maintain project information
- Ability to productively work in a highly matrixed environment, and manage through influence across JPMorgan Chase & Co and a large number of external partners
- Genuine hunger to learn, explore and drive to try new things and explore opportunities across all aspects of the program
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans