The Mortgage Solutions Business Management Team directly supports the Mortgage business, which offers home lending solutions tailored to Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Advisor clients with complex balance sheets. The team is part of a global team with a presence in New York and London within the Finance and Business Management (F&BM) organization. Based in New York, this role will work closely with the Global Head of Mortgage Solutions and liaise with partners in Operations, Legal, Compliance, Treasury, Finance, Technology, Marketing, and the Front Office to execute business initiatives, prepare analyses for leadership presentations, and support day to day operations of the business.
This is a time-pressured and high-profile position which is instrumental in assisting/advising senior management and in coordinating the deployment of the bank's corporate resources to address strategic and tactical objectives.
- Lead strategic planning process across various initiatives, including developing project plans, documenting scope and business requirements, detailing issues and problems, and assist with prioritization and budgeting exercise
- Partner with functional teams and leadership to prepare for a variety of internal presentations (business reviews for senior management, town halls, offsites, etc.)
- Represent the business on various regulatory and control exercises as a Subject Matter Expert and coordinate / communicate subsequent changes to internal policies and procedures
- Develop a detailed understanding of current-state processes and procedures, perform end-to-end process reviews, identify weaknesses, gaps, opportunities for improvement and propose innovative business solutions required to increase the efficiency of information flow between different business areas (Operations, Risk, Treasury, Technology, Legal and Compliance, etc)
- Perform data analysis to support business case / prioritization exercise, including the collection of data from various sources, synthesizing the information, and interpreting the results
- Present fact-based findings and compelling recommendations in a business-friendly way that identifies issues, explains root-cause, details business / client impact, and proposes potential solutions
- Monitor status of all projects across functional teams that impact the front office, help mitigate all risks, escalate issues when necessary and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to build and foster strong partnerships with cross functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Finance, Middle Office, Controls Management and Compliance) to support key facets of the Equity, Fixed Income and Currency and Commodities businesses.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with ability to recommend both immediate (tactical) and long term solutions
- Highly self-motivated, independent, hard-working individual; a pro-active learner with a can-do attitude; Ability to execute within demanding deadlines
- Excellent time management and planning; superior multi-tasking and organizational skills - strong follow through and sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface globally with all levels of the organization; poise giving presentations
- Confidence and skill to both develop and recommend solutions to business leaders
- Ability to perform well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment; comfortable operating in a fast changing environment and able to easily pivot from one project/focus to another
- Superior judgment and discretion working with both confidential and sensitive information
- Interpersonal skills - ability to cultivate and build strong relationships with peers and senior executives
We seek candidates with a unique blend of interpersonal and analytical skills who are able to efficiently leverage both qualitative and quantitative resources to understand complex business and financial situations and present solutions. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, or related discipline
- Previous product knowledge and/or prior Business Management or COO experience
- 5+ years of management consulting or project management background in financial services/wealth management space
- Consulting experience may include end-to-end client engagement involving business analysis, data gathering across business enterprise, developing business requirements and strategies to address numerous gaps, implementing complex solutions across various teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience with an excellent communication and execution skills, and an ability to present / influence stakeholders at various levels of management
- Experience in people management or leading an individual / small team
- Advanced working experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans