As part of the Consumer Banking Mortgage Quality Control Department, the primary function of this position is to ensure Home Mortgage Retail and Third Party Originated loans are in compliance with all applicable secondary market, private and government loan programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Audit the credit, some compliance and the closing documents of closed loans to ensure they are compliant and accurate
- Remain updated and knowledgeable regarding all compliance changes as well as policy changes
- Re-underwrite and review all underwriting decisions for the monthly QC selection of loans to ensure that all guidelines on mortgage products are being met by HM mortgage production staff
- Determine if all AUS conditions were input correctly and conditions were satisfied. Review each appraisal for soundness and determine if review appraisal is warranted
- Review all legal documents to ensure accuracy, as appropriate
- Assist in the performance of periodic targeted assurance reviews and perform other credit and quality control duties as may be assigned
- 5-7 years underwriting experience with in-depth knowledge of FNMA guidelines and Desktop Underwriter including 2 years experience with Third Party Originated loans preferred.
- Knowledge of FHA, VA and state agency guidelines required
- Sound knowledge of the consumer mortgage lending process and workflow through post-closing
- Sound knowledge of secondary, private investor and government mortgage loan programs
- PC skills including proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and database applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills with solid organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be detailed oriented and maintain accuracy
- Ability to manage change and take on new tasks as required
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Must be production oriented to meet department productivity goals and deadlines
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:00am -5:00pm, Monday - FridayWhy Work for Us At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth. Equal Employment Opportunity Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.