In this role, you will manage a portfolio of moderately complex commercial relationships to maximize recovery to the bank through effective implementation of workout and liquidation strategies to mitigate loss. This includes developing an action plan for each matter, inclusive of timelines, resolution targets and alternative strategies. Obtain timely approvals of all strategies consistent with Citizens Bank guidelines and do so with concise and accurate written cases. The Workout Officer is also required to monitor and administer all outside vendors used in the disposition of the matter in a manner that ensures MAD is receiving adequate value for services received.
- Internal & External Reporting – Create, present and maintain all required internal and external reporting, including but not limited to Strategy and Credit Reviews, charge off forecasts, modification requests, annual reviews, Probability of Default & Loss Given Default ratings and regulatory requirements. All presentations will be completed in a concise and timely manner.
- Negotiation – Devise and successfully negotiate timely resolutions for each asset under management. The Workout Officer will do so in a fashion that maximizes the Bank’s return commensurate with the underlying risk and at all times protecting the Bank’s reputation in the marketplace.
- Working knowledge of loans with an SBA guaranty and real estate secured loans.
- Analysis and Valuation – Perform routine appraisal, collateral, net present value, legal and field exam review analysis as part of the ordinary administration of the portfolio.
- Experience in financial, risk and collateral analysis.
- Experience in loan documentation and relevant Uniform Code and Bankruptcy considerations.
- Experience in litigation, foreclosure of personal and real property and disposition of collateral.
- Basic knowledge of SBA loans
- Highly developed at persuasively presenting the Bank’s thoughts and position to gain consensus and execute proposed solutions to remedy substandard and non-performing credits.
- Deep understanding of industrial and regional influences applicable to the underlying portfolio.
- Excellent math and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, organizational, negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Adaptability to a high paced and challenging work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, primarily Microsoft Office suite based.