CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen), the 8th largest public accounting firm in the United States, is proud to create inspired careers. We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists, to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
This is why we’ve created our Director and Manager career paths! These positions share the same level of seniority, but they allow YOU to choose which path is right for you.
Director — If you love servicing existing client relationships and want to grow your career without the pressure of having to bring new client relationships into the firm, then this is the opportunity for you!
Manager — This is a great path for those who have a passion for servicing clients, want to build a book of business, and want to advance into a Principal role. If you love being an industry professional, thrive when identifying business opportunities for clients, and desire to be a Principal, then this is the opportunity for you!
CLA is looking to hire a Tax Director or Manager to support our fast-growing real estate and construction industry in our Ontario office!
Our ideal candidate would have experience with the following:
- Tax planning and consultation across all phases of the real estate life cycle.
- Multifamily, commercial, office, hospitality and industrial properties.
- Partnership agreements, including provisions and special allocations for Section 704(c), debt, waterfall structures, etc.
- Capital account reporting requirements under tax basis, Section 704(b) and/or GAAP.
- Preparation of partnership and S-Corporation tax returns.
- Tenants in Common and/or subdivision accounting.
- Tiered ownership structures.
- Property sales, installments sales and gain deferral mechanisms such as Section 1031 (Like-Kind) exchanges and Section 1033 (Involuntary Conversion) transactions.
- Section 199A (Qualified Business Income Deduction).
- Section 163(j) (Business Interest Expense Limitation).
- Fixed asset analysis including the application of tangible property regulations, cost segregation studies, Section 45L credits and 179D credits
- Calculation and reporting of basis adjustments and transfers of partnership interest.
- Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund testing, compliance, reporting, and related research.
As our ideal candidate:
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience serving in a tax role with a public accounting firm.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- You have an active CPA certification.
- For the Tax Director position, a JD or EA may be accepted in lieu of a CPA certification.
- For the Tax Manager position, a JD may be accepted in lieu of a CPA certification.
- You are looking for a firm that will support and foster your aspiring career goals.
- You jump at the chance to help others, and you’re ready to join a team of high-performing people.
- You have a knack for solving issues and confidently bring solutions to the table.
- You love public accounting!
Shortly after you apply you will receive an invitation with additional information. CLA has partnered with Pymetrics to help us get to know you a little better. The Pymetrics games take 20-30 minutes to complete and there are no right or wrong answers - so we hope you have fun! Following completion of the Pymetrics games, CLA will view the Pymetrics results alongside other information as part of the application review process.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.