What You’ll Do:
As a Vice President of Investments, you’ll work alongside our Managing Director of Investments to oversee, coordinate, and strategically manage all aspects of multifamily real estate investments and acquisitions within a specified region. You will be a key contributor to the growth of Coastal Ridge’s $3.5B investment platform while working alongside our external capital partners as well as Coastal’s internal Capital Markets, Asset Management, Project Management and Property Operations teams to ensure investment objectives are achieved.
- Generate investment opportunities. Develop and manage partner, broker and other industry relationships to generate both proprietary and marketed deal flow.
- Evaluate, underwrite and recommend appropriate investment opportunities.
- Identify and communicate risk and reward in each investment opportunity and price such risk accordingly.
- Participate and present in Investment Committee meetings.
- Lead transaction negotiation and documentation.
- Research and evaluate market and industry data/trends to build and frame the team’s viewpoint on the appropriate risk/return metrics for new opportunities.
- Interface with senior management and ownership groups regarding market conditions, investment strategy and transaction sourcing methods.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- 25-35% travel anticipated.
Who You Are:
- An analytical guru. You know your stuff when it comes to financial principles and concepts critical to multi-family real estate underwriting (NOI, cap rates, IRR, NPV, ROI, ROC, Yields, etc.) You can successfully analyze qualitative and quantitative information to drive informed strategic decision making and underwriting.
- A demonstrated visionary leader. Let’s be real- leading and inspiring teams is tough. You’ve proven to build strong teams and relationships across lines of difference, inspire and motivate others to buy into your vision, communicate effectively in all formats, give and receive feedback fluidly, and model/hold a high bar of excellence. You have established industry relationships that will aide in you achieving your production goals.
- A multitasking ninja. You get things done. You fervently plan backwards to meet timelines, achieve big goals, and manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line.
- An entrepreneurial individual. You have a passion for growth and multifamily real estate. You embrace critical questioning, innovation, optimism, taking calculated risks, and continuous improvement and execute in these areas. You know when to roll up your sleeves to support the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Investments or Real Estate related field required.
- 7-10+ years’ of directly related experience in multifamily real estate acquisitions
- Strong financial background with the proven ability to source deals and build relationships with key parties.
- Proficiency in relevant real estate software and well versed in real estate industry tools.
- Leadership experience managing a team of investment professionals preferred.
Though our preference would be this leadership position office in our Columbus, OH corporate offices, there could be flexibility.
Coastal Ridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on our company culture and benefits visit coastalridge.com/our-culture