Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career opportunity? If so, this is the place for you! Come join our team at the Washington County Housing Authority and make a positive difference in our community.
As a Property Manager for Washington County Housing Authority, you will be responsible for site management, the collection of rent, attending court hearings and inspections.
You will manage and operate a Housing Authority property within the policies, procedures and regulations set forth by the Housing Authority and Federal Regulations. You will need a thorough knowledge of real property management, ability to interpret and administer rules, regulations and procedures relating to property management.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- You will work 3 days per week at Donora Location / 2 days per week at North Charleroi Location.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Three years of experience in supervising or performing tasks associated with the management of multi-family residential subsidized or affordable housing communities, property owned, or programs administered by a public housing authority or comparable (low income) property management agency; or
- One year as an Assistant Property Manager or Assistant Section 8 Coordinator; or
- Two years as a Management Aide.
- You must pass the test to meet the Minimum Experience and Training Requirements.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Washington County. If no eligible candidates who live within Washington County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.