The Loan Officer is responsible for originating mortgage loans by meeting with potential borrowers to determine appropriate product, obtain proper documentation and follow through with the entire loan process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Originate quality FHA, VA and conventional mortgage and home equity loans.
- Manage customers through the entire loan process, from data collection and analysis through loan conclusion while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Collect and analyze information regarding customer income, assets, investments and debts to include multifaceted or complex borrowers.
- Submits completed loan application and supporting documentation to the processing department.
- Present the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products to determine the best option for each customer's financial situation.
- Set proper customer expectations and provide timely status updates to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Focus on marketing and promotional strategies to attract new purchase business, promoting a broad spectrum of mortgage products including but not limited to government, conventional, home equity and additional products within an assigned geographical area.
- Build network and community relationships, aggressively promoting CMG to real estate agents, builders, developers, financial planners and other referral sources.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of current mortgage origination experience with a proven track record of success
- An active NMLS license required
- Current referral base from Realtors, Financial Planners, Builders, etc.
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Familiarity with current lending regulations
- Must be self-motivated and have an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and email systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High integrity and confidentiality required.
External Code: #LI-DNP