Who we are looking for
An excellent opportunity to join the UK Business Change & Operational Resiliency team within Global Delivery, Edinburgh in a varied role where you will be supporting the local business units in managing and overseeing projects through to implementation taking ownership of the end to end project management cycle, business analysis, oversight and management of the self-custody infrastructure and supporting the implementation of the Operational Resiliency Program within Global Delivery as we translate new regulatory requirements into a business as usual framework. A strong understanding of the financial services industry is imperative and experience of working in a regulatory environment is preferred.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager & Operational Resiliency Support you will
- Focus on managing development, production and sign of business requirements documentation and managing the implementation of project and managing the overall lifecycle.
- Serve as project lead of the business requirements analysis and implementation phases of projects. Provides project management to project staff throughout the lifecycle for small, medium and large, often complex, projects.
- Conduct high level business analysis involving complex business requirements and process.
- Prepare cost/benefit analyses and recommends systems or process design solutions
- Analyse effectiveness of current processes and recommends systems or process design solutions
- Utilize expert level of knowledge on projects
- Assume overall responsibility for and follow up of the project execution until the product is implemented and utilized.
- Work with internal stakeholders across multiple locations business units and corporate functions to ensure timely deliverables across projects and the operational resiliency program.
- Supporting the conducting and producing output and following up on resultant actions of operational resiliency scenario testing exercises
- Supporting and conducting annual review of operational resiliency impact tolerance thresholds.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in managing medium to large scale, multi-location projects
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Self-starter, be able to work under own initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a passion for risk excellence
- Ability to work with and influence key stakeholders across multiple locations and business units
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry
- At least 10 years’ experience working within in the financial sector (preferred)
- Experience in assuming overall responsibility and delivering on large scale projects
- Educated to degree level (preferred)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers