Enra Specialist Finance Ltd comprises three separate but complementary trading divisions: Enterprise Finance, Vantage Finance and West One Loans who all operate in specialist finance.
West One Loans is a trusted provider of specialist property finance for residential and commercial properties. We offer regulated and unregulated first and second charge bridging loans and are one of the biggest privately funded bridging lenders in the UK. We also offer second charge residential and buy-to-let lending.
An opportunity has arisen to join our expanding underwriting teams based at our head office in Watford.
The overall responsibility of the role is to take ownership of allocated cases from inception through to completion.
- Underwriting and assessing loan documentation, including valuation reports and requesting additional information from brokers where required, highlighting any concerns
- Carrying out checks on the applicants and properties and assessing their suitability for the loan applied for
- Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence
- Recommending and referring cases to Credit Committee where credit committee approval required.
- Liaising with introducers, valuers and solicitors
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Experience underwriting mortgage applications or assisting mortgage underwriters.
- Previous mandate holders will be a distinct advantage.
- A strong understanding of the UK housing market and FCA regulation.
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilient and flexible
- Team Player
- Approachable and self- motivated
In return, Enra offers
- A generous basic salary
- Company pension
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Extra leave on your birthday
- Perkbox subscription
- Subsidised dental scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Contribution towards eyecare
- Multiple social events/team bonding throughout the year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Watford: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)