Primary duties and responsibilities will be to provide underwriting support to agents by answering and responding to agent underwriting questions; approve files in excess of agent’s contractual liability limits and provide title examination training to agents in person and via electronic transmission.
- Answer underwriting/legal questions for agents and staff
- Respond to requests for large policy authorizations
- Salvage, collection, and recoupment on claims and unremitted premiums
- Assist in claims administration
- Preparation of Agency Agreements and Amendments
- Participation in CE and CLE programs for Agents and customers of Agents
Essential Functions Continued
- At a minimum, ability to work from 8 30 a.m. to 5 00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Regular consistent attendance is required which could also include attendance at after hour Company events
- Overnight business travel by air and/or automobile is occasionally required
- Ability to accept supervision
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. That is, must be able to get along with others, e.g., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, and customers by e-mail, telephone, or in-person
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Law Degree (preferred).
- West Virginia Real Estate Law experience.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required
- Sedentary Work Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.
For California applicants, please click the following link to view our
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer