For over 86 years, we have worked to create trusting relationships with our fire family. The bonds we build are the foundation of our credit union. As the largest, exclusive firefighter credit union in the nation with $2.0B in assets, we serve over fifty-five thousand members in more than seven hundred fire departments.
We have an immediate opening for a Real Estate Underwriting/Secondary Markets Manager to join our team. This is a fully remote role. The Manager will be responsible for leading Underwriters, ensuring regulatory compliance, and managing the pipeline of loans for consistency and timely decisioning. The Manager, Real Estate Underwriting/Secondary Markets is also responsible for the strategic oversight and management of all aspects of real estate underwriting and secondary markets.
- Assigning and monitoring the pipeline of each Underwriter to ensure all loans are moving through the pipeline in a timely manner, meeting defined service level agreements (SLAs).
- Maintaining, monitoring, and analyzing the pricing engine.
- Reviewing secondary markets pipeline, risk management, and exception reports to ensure timely decisioning of the mortgage pipeline.
- Overseeing loan quality and ensuring they meet company policies, as well as state, regional, and federal guidelines.
- Coordinating and monitoring loan sale activities between investor delivery and accounting.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, preparing responses to audits or examination findings, and implementing corrective actions.
- Developing and implementing processes and practices to minimize the Credit Union’s risk/exposure.
- Providing consistent and thoughtful consideration of member applications with regard to relationship and compensating factors.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Certification/License: National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in real estate underwriting, of which at least 5 years were as a manager of real estate underwriting or similar type position.
- Experience with selling loans to Fannie Mae.
- Experience supervising or managing employees.
Firefighters First Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Firefighters First Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-550-2214.