**If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the
This position may be located in Coeur d'Alene, Bend, Redmond, Billings, Spokane or Sioux Falls.
Provide assistance in support of SBA and other Government Lending Programs by completing a variety of administrative support functions. Responsible for coordinating all activities related to the packaging and documentation of loans funded within SBA which is integral to receiving and maintain the SBA guaranty. In a team-oriented environment, maintain a high degree of customer service while contributing to the lending team role towards the overall success of the Bank, upholding FIB Sales-Service-Soundness values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance and process a high volume of complex loan applications.
- Order and accurately process loan application documents.
- Assemble and maintain loan files.
- Obtain all necessary SBA Application Forms, including eligibility forms.
- Assist in preparing SBA Loan Authorizations; review for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist SBA Loan Specialists in maintaining SBA and other government lending applications, corresponding files and government lending manuals.
- Obtain necessary information to prepare loan documents, such as financial statements, tax returns and business documentation; obtain evidence of insurance coverage on collateral.
- Input loan applications into SBA software used for processing.
- Answer specific questions regarding SBA’s policies and procedures and assist the SBA Specialist and/or Loan Officer in the branch.
- Support Government Loan Program Manager in loan servicing activities; such as release of collateral, change of address, rate change, and payment deferrals.
- Order and file credit reports, UCC searches, preliminary title reports, appraisals, and flood hazard determinations; follow-up on collateral.
- Prepare commitment letters, escrow instructions, other related loan documents and financial statements.
- Ensure that loan file requirements are met, review loan documentation for completion, accuracy and adherence to approval terms and SBA and FIB Loan Policy.
- Provide appropriate information & disclosures at time of loan closing, secure borrower’s signature, and disburse loan funds; ensure all conditions of the SBA Loan authorization have been met.
- Provide exceptional customer service while assisting customers during loan application and closing process.
- Work with Loan Officers, Attorneys, Escrow & Title Companies and customers to obtain pending items and coordinate closing procedures.
- Complete credit verifications.
- Process construction draws and track construction progress.
- Provide loan payoff quotations and process loan payoffs; forward paid out loan files to Credit Risk Management.
- Maintain and balance bank control accounts and process billings for services to Accounts Payable.
- Supports commercial relationship managers and group managers with regulatory compliance – Regulation B and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Supports commercial relationship managers and group managers with review and certification of; legal entity validation (dba, partnership, S-Corp, C-Copr, LLC, and trusts), real estate collateral documentation (title commitment, environmental reports, hazard insurance, and appraisals), UCC and titled collateral validation, and the accuracy of loan documentation.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of key software systems and other Loan Operating Systems
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILILTIES
- Uphold and promote adherence to all Bank and banking institution regulations, laws, standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide professional service to internal and external customers; provide support and assistance, including communication support, responding to incoming telephone calls, electronic mail, and voice mail; perform special projects and other related duties as assigned, in support of the daily functions of the SBA loan Department.
- Prepare reports and status updates as required; keep management informed of area activities.
- Participate in legal and compliance training and other appropriate training as required to maintain knowledge of SBA and other Government Loan programs, banking activities, FIB products and services, and remain current with laws and regulations.
- Three to five years loan processing experience in a banking environment.
- Ability to process a high volume of complex loan files in a timely manner, meeting crucial deadlines.
- Demonstrate and maintain current knowledge of credit services and credit review responsibilities, and a thorough understanding of loan policy, escrow, title, and UCC.
- Ability to recognize inconsistencies and incorrect information pertaining to loan input and maintenance.
- Proven ability to work productively and efficiently without direct supervision.
- Ability to concentrate while working with highly detailed information when there are frequent interruptions.
- Sufficient knowledge and skills to complete a variety of job functions with flexibility in regard to work routine, including excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, make competent decisions, think independently and adapt to change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to professionally and tactfully communicate with others, and present information clearly and effectively.
- Intermediate accounting skills with mathematical aptitude and computer spreadsheet skills.
- Must be competent in the use of personal computer systems, internet applications and electronic mail, and various windows-based software applications to include, but not limited to, banking application, loan documentation, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various employees, as well as customers, vendors and business associates.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize SBA SOP’s to continue to stay abreast to continuing policy and procedure changes.
- Complete all required training courses, and proactively seek and complete additional training to achieve an adequate degree of technical competence.
- Honor First Interstate Bank expectations including core values, customer service and dress code.
- Demonstrate acceptable personal financial responsibility and be bondable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast paced, production environment and have strong organizational skills, time management skills and strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication and problem solving a must. Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to
draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the