- 10 years of experience in program management of the food industry, within the hospitality, or restaurant group space.
- Experience with third-party and/or contract management.
- Master's degree.
- Experience analyzing reports, metrics, trends, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent financial, contract management, and purchasing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate and summarize data.
About the job
The Food Program team is responsible for creating food experiences that promote collaboration and engage and energize Googlers throughout each day. The team manages a variety of vendors to provide great service, delicious food, and innovative experiences. As the Food Program Manager, you will ensure guests and employees are sated safely at every meal. You'll set standards for guest satisfaction, procurement, costs, and our use of technology while making sure our food programs keep pace with the needs of Google.
As the Food Program Manager, you will be responsible for operations of all Austin, Canada, and other cities' Food program affiliated venues, experiences, and activities in the region. You will be an integral part of the Americas Regional Food Program team, managing and collaborating in a partnership mode with key vendor partners. You will also be responsible for maximizing the impact of experiences and spaces that enable Google.
In this role, you will monitor progress against program strategies and objectives, budgets, headcount, and project plans. You will report progress providing regular program updates to management on impact and issues. To enhance the end user experience and the impact and/or effectiveness of the Food Program, you will build excellent relationships and partner with Googlers (employees) and partners (internal and external) at all levels.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work - from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Contribute to the development and subsequent roll out of a variety of food programs that include Cafes, mobile programs and commissaries, provide excellent delivery of operational food services while maintaining the program’s IT Strategy, financial processes, vendor relationships, and cost control/efficiency mechanisms.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, across the sites, and influence stakeholders that may have competing objectives to align on outcomes and indirectly lead the contributions of others.
- Develop project roadmap/program framework, establish project goals, coordinate resources, and provide technical leadership in line with long-term objectives within set budget guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Vendor Partners to implement Food training programs that align with the Food program’s service culture.
- Gather relevant data and industry trends to identify and evaluate food services operations while implementing process improvement strategies.