- Participates in and supports the execution of the activities associated with development and new construction projects by reviewing blueprints and specifications, inspecting work and overseeing contractors to ensure specifications and safety measures are met, and troubleshooting and resolving issues to ensure an on-time and on-budget completion of work.
- Assists with the project budget by reviewing, reconciling, and approving vendor and contractor invoices, reviewing and analyzing financial statements and spending, reporting financial resource needs and issues, and complying with the Company’s policies and procedures related to budgeting.
- Reviews and adheres to the project timetable and completion schedule by prioritizing tasks, accounting for anticipated and unanticipated delays due to weather or changes to specifications and plans, and makes recommendations to resolve delay issues.
- Monitors work performed at the construction site by tracking contractors and manpower, inspecting completed work for compliance with safety standards and plan specifications, adjusting staffing levels as needed to stay on schedule and within budget, and addressing and resolving issues that impede progress.
- Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the progress of construction projects by preparing routine reports and other communications, and responds to requests for information, concerns, or questions about specific aspects of assigned projects in a timely fashion.
- May assist in assembling the onsite construction team by selecting and assigning team members, engaging contractors and sub-contractors, and by managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Internship or field experience in construction.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills in order to effectively track, report and manage projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment with a wide variety of people, including owners, architects, subcontractors and business leaders.
- Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.