Ranked by the National Multifamily Housing Council as the largest developer, our organization has a deep and established portfolio throughout the United States, and we are continuing to rapidly grow. Greystar’s development division has sponsored $30B+ multifamily projects to date, and has an expanding portfolio of multifamily, life science, single family rental and logistics projects.
Our employees are key to the success of our business with exceptional service at the heart of everything we do. This level of service is a result of their expertise, a solid understanding of the markets they operate in and a passion to provide outstanding experiences to investors, residents and property owners.
The Director, Finance manages the Company’s development finance-related functions, including leading efforts to source, negotiate, close and support equity and debt capital for US ground up construction projects. Applies best practices to mitigate and communicate risks of transaction and financing structure.
1. Form & maintain relationships with lenders and equity partners. Comprehend their targets, requirements and constraints in order effectively and efficiently source capital and resolve issues
2. Understand and internalize Greystar’s finance standards; communicate these best practices to development teams and counsel and ensure transaction risks are highlighted internally
3. Distribute market equity and debt packages, follow-through to drive interest and work with development teams to answer questions and satisfy due diligence requests
4. Negotiate term sheets and letters of intent for equity and debt offerings and make recommendations to investment committee for selecting partners and lenders
5. Run negotiation and closing of joint venture and loan documentation in partnership with outside counsel, development, tax, accounting, insurance and other internal functions
6. Advise development teams on feasibility of deal specific financing risks (e.g. ground leases, condo docs, etc.) and provide underwriting guidance for equity and debt assumptions
7. Understand Greystar’s lines of business and corporate financial statements as well as Greystar’s internal equity structures in order to facilitate transactions
8. Assist in design, development and implementation of business systems and process improvements
9. Support, participate in and complete other financial-related projects and assignments as required by Greystar senior management, by gathering and compiling data, developing comprehensive summaries and reports and coordinating communications with internal and external business partners.
10. Assists finance team leaders by interviewing, hiring, orienting, training and mentoring employees, and managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Hybrid working model
- Explore and pursue the latest trends to shape the future of real estate
- Meet our newest recruits from across the world at Greystar’s annual conference held at our global headquarters in Charleston
- Internal networking and mentorship opportunities through platforms such as our Women’s Inclusion Network (WIN)
- Join a diverse, fully integrated organization that is structured to thrive throughout all economic and real estate cycles
Our focus on people, genuine relationships, and shared values has created a unique and defining culture. If you're looking for a career that values dedication, collaboration, and integrity, we are looking for you!
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.