Harwood International is an international real estate firm with offices and developments in select niche markets including Dallas, Geneva, London’s West End, and Paris. The company is recognized globally as a purveyor for building the finest developments in terms of design, location, and quality while creating cultural experiences within them that are beyond exceptional.
The Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the respective properties. The role is required to work cohesively in support of standard management responsibilities with the property management and maintenance teams including additional divisions as required.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner and participate in generating work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is always 24-hour emergency coverage for the property.
- Manages and coordinated all staff operations including administration, engineering, construction, concierge, and cleaning.
- Conduct routine inspections of both the interior and exterior of buildings, the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence, and file notes.
- Oversees and assists with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Become proficient with the building management software.
- Coordinate entry of all property information into the building management software and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking.
- Monitor all key dates and reporting within the building management software.
- Assist with the establishment of the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Property Operations Manual.
- Participate, prepare, and review memos, faxes, email, maintain files, prepare expense reports and other administrative forms. Coordinate production and ordering of signs, tenant identification, etc.
- Administer rent payment provisions and oversee rent collections.
- Prepare, review and coordinate in the production of departmental reports (e.g., monthly delinquencies, financial statements, variance reports, annual budgets, operating expense escalations and property reports).
- Develop and maintain operating budget for properties and operate within budget constraints.
- Create and monitor operational variance reports and recommend budget revisions.
- Create, review, and approve the recovery and reconciliation of operating expense overages due from tenants, including the invoicing of prebills at budget time and reconciliation of the prior year estimates after year end close.
- Coordinate tenant finish out projects with tenant, construction team, engineers, leasing, accounting from lease signing through certificate of occupancy and move-in
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Obtain estimates/bids for repairs at the property. Generate and track Service Orders, approvals, and distribution.
- Review and approve the process of sorting and coding of all property related invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts. Detailed verification of all invoice amounts and information with approved Service Orders or Contracts. Ensure proper property coding on invoices.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Participates as needed with interface of services for other departments within the company.
- Personal Organization
- Customer Focus
- Sense of Urgency
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Microsoft Office, MRI, Nexus, Maintenance software (i.e., Building Engines, Prism, etc.) a plus.
Required Education & Experience
- 3 years of experience in Property Management
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred