Reports to: Director of Construction, Jim Marshall
Location: Jacksonville, Florida (mostly field opportunity)
Who we are:
JWB Real Estate Capital is not your average real estate company. JWB is staying one step ahead by revolutionizing the industry and providing a one stop shop for all things real estate. Since 2006, JWB has continued to make a difference in the lives of every individual we encounter. With these fundamentals at the forefront of every business decision JWB focuses on providing the best experiences for our clients, staff, vendors, and residents.
Covered base health plan for individual teammate through FL Blue
100% dental coverage through Humana
Ownership PTO (eligible after 6 months)
8 paid holidays
Matching program to your charity of choice
Gym membership reimbursement
401K matching (4.5%) program through John Hancock
Free lunches daily
Volunteer & team-building events throughout the year
Personal & professional development opportunities
Relaxed business causal work environment
$52,000 Base Salary
$5,000 Short Term Incentives
= $57,000 Total Compensation
What you’ll do:
JWB's staff provides the coachability, knowledge and acumen required to manage the day-to-day operations of new construction projects that JWB undertakes. JWB's staff are responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standard's set forth in the project documents, plans, and established company standards; for performing the work in a timely and cost-effective manner and for maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. The primary focus of this role is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to oversee the new construction projects in the pre construction phase with each assigned builder and their office staff.
- Managing the day-to-day activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall pre construction volume needs are met.
- Managing and overseeing the entire pre construction process with the builder’s staff – surveys, site plans, water and sewer availability/taps, septic engineering and permit, well drilling, lot grading plans, permitting and site clearing.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving JWB internal staff, managers, and subcontractors.
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget.
- Oversee billing, administering contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders for new construction projects in the pre construction phase.
- Maintaining daily updates and database such as dates, milestones, stages, email correspondence, etc.
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, Property management, HR, etc.
- Collecting and saving all final documents from the builder to set up JWB sales, service and property management staff.
What you need to have to apply:
- College Degree Preferred (Minimum 2 years); High School Diploma Required
- A demonstrated willingness to learn and comprehend construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of residential single and multi-family homes.
- The ability to effectively communicate both in the English written and spoken word
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and ability to learn/use other software used in the construction industry.
- Ability to multitask and handle a fluctuating volume of work efficiently
Who you’ll work with:
· Our preferred vendor base
· Construction Management Team
· Internal Reno & NC Team
· 90+ internal teammates
45+ hours weekly
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $57,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
Work Location: On the road