JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager - Apartments
DEPARTMENT: Property Management
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Supports the organization's mission and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
Responsible and accountable for assisting in on-site operations at an apartment community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process new applications, re-certifications and provide required information to compliance department.
- Show apartments to perspective residents.
- Handle lease negotiations and renewals.
- Assist property manager in overseeing leasing and maintenance staff.
- Assist with marketing and leasing activities as requested.
- Maintain compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist manager with rent collection, rent ledger, bank deposits and petty cash records, delinquent rents, evictions, maintaining curb appeal, etc.
- Assist manager in providing account information to the regional supervisor and credit agency.
- Assist manager with resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
- Light cleaning of the office/clubhouse/models including but not limited to vacuuming, wiping countertops in kitchen and bathrooms, cleaning toilets, emptying trash and general cleaning in public areas.
- Trash pickup around property grounds.
- Occasional assistance with unit turns.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of experience
- Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret basic instructions, simple correspondence and present information one-on-one or in small groups.
- Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
- Reasoning Skills - Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions with common sense understanding. Ability to deal with problems that involve few variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Beginner experience with MS Office.
- Annually attend fair housing, section 42 and leasing classes.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Rarely must stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally must stand, walk, reach with hand and arms.
- Regularly must sit, use hands to finger/handle/feel, talk and hear.
- Close and distance vision is required.
- Normally works in an environment with moderate noise.