At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world’s top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG’s extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it’s an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/ Senior Manager to join our Business Tax Services practice.
- Manage a portfolio of real estate clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients; build and manage client relationships by advising them and being responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Work as part of a cross-functional account team for your clients that may cross audit, tax and advisory; manage and empower teams of tax professionals/assistants working on client projects;
- Help manage risk for KPMG and our clients by understanding the technical tax aspects of various reporting positions;
- Manage financial performance of your client engagements including billing, collections and the budget for projects
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice;
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities supporting our practice's High Growth Sectors
- Minimum five years of experience as a tax manager with a public accounting firm; partnership tax experience in the financial services industry specific to real estate and real estate private equity funds for manager; minimum eight years for senior manager
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., or LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Proficiency in the taxation of REITs, partnerships and other flow-through entities
- Exceptional skills in reviewing 1120-REIT and 1065 tax returns, including complex partner allocations
- Excellent research and writing skills; applied working knowledge of REIT and partnership tax regulations and ASC 740
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial information and experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).