If you have an interest in business real estate, we have a unique opportunity for you! The Real Estate Coordinator works alongside senior management to maintain our billboard real estate portfolio, assists with zoning abstracts, and participates in landowner negotiations. Our Lamar office in Los Angeles, California is in search of a new real estate team member to help us enhance the outdoor advertising in Los Angeles, CA and the surrounding areas.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
This position starts at $23 - $28 / hour.
The purpose of the Real Estate Coordinator (i.e. Real Estate Representative) is to assist the General Manager and/or Real Estate Manager with portfolio management including all real estate related functions and activities necessary to profitably secure, maintain and grow the company’s real estate portfolio of leased and owned properties in a manner consistent with Lamar’s business practices.
Portfolio Management/Market Review
- Assist with monitoring, tracking, and analyzing critical operational data and dates associated with numerous land lease agreements, owned properties and other real estate assets.
- Assist with creating and maintaining an up-to-date market abstract by identifying areas for growth or relocation of existing assets through documentation and analysis of current zoning laws and regulations. The abstract shall include identifying and documenting any properties that meet the criteria for permitting as required by the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Assist with monitoring competitor activity and permitting practices.
Active Negotiation/Purchase Process
- Assist GM and/or REM with landowner negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Assist with preparing, presenting, and negotiating agreements with landowners, their agents or representatives for the purpose of securing new or existing real estate assets.
- Assist with coordinating and overseeing the due diligence and purchase process for approved easement and land
- Enter, maintain, and routinely audit data, reports, and electronic files to ensure accurate accounting, recordkeeping and file management within various internal software applications.
- Act as first point of contact with existing and potential landowners for all real estate related matters.
- Assist with collecting and processing of real estate tax invoices for company owned real and personal property.
- Assists in the monitoring, tracking, and general preparation of monthly and/or annual percentage/overage payments and applicable consumer price index (CPI) adjustments for manager review and approval
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of state and local zoning ordinances and monitoring any proposed zoning applications or changes.
- Assist with preparing, submitting, securing, renewing and maintaining all applicable governmental approvals including, but not limited to, variances, construction, vegetation, and conditional use permits associated with new or existing sign sites.
- Assist in collaborating with internal company departments and landowners to ensure continued access to the company’s signs and resolving any appearance or vegetation issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to know and understand city and state codes/regulations (as applicable), related maps for all jurisdictions within the designated market area, and an understanding of the permitting and variance process for each jurisdiction.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, possess the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.), web applications, and the ability to quickly and easily learn job related computer programs.
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language to correspond and communicate on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and procedures, and negotiate with lessors.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Must possess attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Must have knowledge of basic accounting skills and practices to ensure accurate payment distributions. Ability to operate within a set yearly budget.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Ability to understand and speak Spanish is required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate's degree or some college is required. In lieu of this, 2 years of experience in business, real estate, leasing, or another related field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business or real estate is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in business, real estate, leasing, or another related field is required unless applicant possesses a Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in land acquisition, zoning, and land use planning is preferred.
- Current and valid driver’s license is required.
- Or other equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is an office however driving in the field is also required.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on reading, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting more than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, and
- Nights spent traveling, away from home, are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.