Our market-leading UK transactional real estate business is growing and we are now looking for a Property Development and Investment Lawyer with 1-6 years’ PQE to join our team in Edinburgh or Glasgow
If you would like to be part of our successful team, then read on…
Did you know?
- We employ over 400 specialist real estate lawyers in the UK
- Our market leading practice is consistently recognised in the top tiers by both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners
- We are well connected to help make introductions, our clients include regional, national and global organisations in the public and private sectors, including investors, developers, banks and central and local government
- Law Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2021
- Property Team of the Year at The British Legal Awards 2017 & 2019
Don’t take our word for it…
“Full-service real estate practice acting for an impressive roster of blue-chip clients. Noted for its adept handling of investment, asset management and development matters, with expertise across a broad range of sectors, including commercial, automotive and retail. Regularly handles large residential development schemes and also enjoys a fine reputation for its real estate work in the energy and infrastructure spaces.”
Chambers and Partners 2022
Putting the role in context
Our team – you will be in good company!
Our Edinburgh and Glasgow Teams are listed as Tier 1 in the Legal 500 in Commercial Property for the region.
We have a strong Scottish presence offering impressive development and investment capabilities to an array of high-profile clients including leading house builders and funds. We are frequently retained to advise on large-scale residential development schemes as well as city centre office redevelopments. We also regularly handle energy property matters.
Katharine Hardie leads our Scottish property group and concentrates her practice on commercial development and urban regeneration schemes. She regularly assists clients with property joint venture agreements and forward funding arrangements.
Ewan Alexander handles a variety of real estate matters including site acquisition and development work regarding large residential and commercial projects. He is also head of our Edinburgh office.
Rodney Whyte acts on behalf of investors, landowners and house builders on land acquisitions and development agreements, as well as other associated matters.
Russell Munro frequently represents property investors on acquisitions and disposals of key assets as well as portfolio management. He also advises on development matters, with particular expertise in the private rental sector.
We have a strong forward book of business, supported by significant and long-standing client relationships, including:
- Barclays Bank
- LCN Capital Partners
- Legal & General UK Build to Rent Fund
- HFD Group Limited
- Bricks Capital Limited
- LEN Property Investment Limited
- Arbah Capital
- Strathclyde Pension Fund
- Wheatley Housing Group
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Pilkington Trust
What our clients say about us:
‘Katherine Hardie and Paul Connolly both know the market very well and both have a good balance of commercial acumen and protecting our interests, whilst understanding the other side’.
‘Katharine Hardie is extremely knowledgeable and experienced’.
‘All individuals we have had involved in our workload have been impressive’.
Work highlights include:
- Acted for Legal & General on its third Scottish build-to-rent project at Candleriggs, Glasgow, which will form a major component of a key mixed-use regeneration of a longstanding vacant site in the heart of Glasgow city centre.
- Advising the City of Edinburgh Council in relation to the development proposals relating to the high-profile Fountainbridge site which is planned to provide over 400 residential units, office, retail and leisure space.
- Acting for Arbah Capital on the acquisition of The Sauchiehall Street Centre, Glasgow.
We are now looking to recruit a Property Lawyer to join our team in Edinburgh of Glasgow. We are ideally looking for a Scottish qualified candidate who has from 1-6 years' PQE. Dual qualification (or a desire to be dual qualified) in Scotland/England is of particular interest.
The successful applicant will be involved in a wide variety of commercial property transactions. These include working on high value and complex investment acquisitions and disposals, leading edge leasing and asset management work (with an emphasis on acting for landlords of major retail assets) and acting for major occupiers.
The applicant will also have exposure to commercial and residential development work as the team has particular experience of large scale urban and regeneration projects, city centre office development, forward funding and forward sales and purchases.
What will we offer you?
- The chance to join a market leading, dynamic and growing team, with strong presence in Scotland and part of a global business, with a very well-recognised brand
- The chance to play a leading role on a wide variety of complex and intellectually-challenging transactions for major clients that will enable you to develop your legal and practical skills and experience and take your career to the next level
- The investment we make in you through our first-class training and career development programme – we will help you to develop as an all-round development lawyer, with exposure to valuable sector-focused experience and the opportunity to deliver "best in class" services.
- The opportunity to take responsibility for your matters and grow a strong network of client and colleague relationships, both within Scotland and via our UK and international network
- Competitive salary and benefits package including a generous bonus scheme
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Karen Rawlings who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday