Since our founding in 1952, Lerner Enterprises has emerged as one of the largest and most respected private real estate developers in the Greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. Our services encompass all phases of real estate development, including planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. The breadth of our diverse real estate portfolio includes residential, office, retail and hotel properties.
Over the last six decades, Lerner has developed a number of award-winning projects, such as Washington Square in the District of Columbia, The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, Dulles Town Center and The Falls at Flint Hill in Northern Virginia. The residential portfolio currently comprises 13 properties in Virginia and Maryland that total over 4,600 units.
Today, Lerner continues to embrace new technology and innovative thinking to create dynamic places to live, work and play.
- Build a rapport with prospective residents through phone, e-mail and onsite touring process.
- Ensure the lead management and dashboard management process of associated systems is adhered to and compliant to fair housing and company standards.
- Assist with the customer service experience by supporting initiatives of the property in regards to unit inspections, thank you notes, approval letters, phone calls, email responses, lease signing and any other associated process within the resident cycle.
- Delivers on creating the resident experience which exceeds the expectations of our customers.
- Meet expected leasing goals that reach or exceed budgeted occupancy for the community.
- Reduce vacancy loss by encouraging immediate move-ins and utilizing sales techniques.
- Maintain current knowledge of market and competitor properties so that all presentations properly position the community s competitive advantages.
- Remain up to date on local services and recreational opportunities to answer questions as needed from prospects and residents.
- Achieve needed closing rations and lead conversions to maintain the appropriate flow of traffic and leasing at the property.
- Assist in outreach, shopping competitive communities, preparing Market Surveys as assigned.
- Review available reports to understand individual and property performance for leasing and customer service.
- Leases and shows apartments as required.
- Administrates all lease paperwork for applications, move-ins, and move-outs.
- Promote resident retention program.
- Help current residents with all questions related to their living experience at the community.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develop and maintain Team Spirit.
- Excellent attendance skills are required of this position.
- Must be goal oriented.
- May require valid drivers license, along with good driving record and auto insurance, if stationed at a community with a golf cart or other vehicle which you will be required to use to tour prospects and residents when necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn specialized software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding sales ability.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required.
- Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-entity environment.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to respond to others needs in a timely and courteous manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree or equivalent certifications preferred but not required.
- Experience in sales, leasing, or customer service preferred.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to drive to tour locations within the property daily.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Experience working in a leasing office.
- Experience with Entrata.
This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional work in an outdoor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. There is exposure to all types of weather conditions when showing community to prospects.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some walking, stooping, bending, and crouching in the process of touring properties and pointing out unit details to prospects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the successful performance of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
$40,000 - $45,000 a year
- Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Supplemental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
Lerner Enterprises is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
All applicants for employment at Lerner Enterprises are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Additionally, all applicants for employment at Lerner Enterprises who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a background check and reference checks prior to commencing employment.