This isn’t making a change today. This is making an impact tomorrow.
As part of our phase of rapid expansion across the UK, we are now looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and driven professional to join the Senior Management Team of the London Property region. Property is a fast paced and challenging area of the business, where you will be expected to make decisions independently and lead critically important teams of Senior Consultants and Consultants across 3 main areas of responsibility: Acquisitions, Planning and Estates Management. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a confident, experienced individual prepared to make their mark on the business by supporting the development and growth of Lidl.
We have a hybrid working model for Property roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance
What you'll do
- You will be leading teams of Senior Consultants and Consultants across three main areas of the regional property office, Acquisitions, Planning and Estates Management
- Responsible for identifying, negotiating and acquiring sites to build new stores, managing planning applications from original submission to consent
- Supporting all expansion, relocation and improvement projects to our current infrastructure
- Budget management with real estate management of our freehold and leasehold assets
- Collaborate with our Regional Head of Construction who is responsible for the construction of new stores, extensions and modernisations of our existing store portfolio
- Monitoring project progress and checking quality standards are met at all times
- Ensuring compliance with our corporate specification and internal procedures
- Responsible for both planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks from the initial tendering process and contracting, to ongoing performance management and benchmarking
What you'll need
- Substantial development and planning experience in the food retail sector is essential
- Refined negotiating skills with sound commercial acumen
- Strong decision-making ability with proven leadership qualities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to set and manage budgets
- A methodical approach to problems with the ability to analyse issues and implement the most appropriate solution
- Strategic awareness to understand the bigger picture and show initiative to achieve
- A clear communicator that can adapt their style depending on recipient
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel throughout the UK
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting, company car and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.