Repairs and Voids Property Inspector
Recruiting for a Repairs & Voids Property Inspector- to join our Central Services at Kings Building in Westminister!
GBP £32,000 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To carry out pre and post inspections of repair and maintenance works to ensure works are efficient, meet standard levels required both in quality, costs and that all works effectively meet Look Ahead’s Instruction. Ensure works are undertaken in a safe manner, using best practice, within Health & Safety Regulations and agreed timescales. Scheduling of Handy Person jobs against Handy Person scheme. The candidate will be expected to bridge the gap of technical expertise in both repairs and voids departments by forging strong relationships with department managers who will often call on them for support.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Quality Control
Ensuring that a high level of quality control is maintained for all works undertaken for all repairs and maintenance works
- Works Delivery
Ensure that works are completed within agreed timeframe work and that this is accurately monitored
- Health and Safety
Ensure that all works meet current Health and Safety regulations, best practice and take prompt and appropriate action where breaches are identified
- CDM and Landlord Compliance Requirements
Ensuring all works meet any requirements of CDM and Look Ahead’s compliance, regulatory responsibilies
- Specialist Claims Case Management
Lead on all Insurance claims and disabled adaptation grant requests. Liaise with our colleagues from relevant departments throughout progression of cases to final completion of related works. Carry out joint inspections with external parties.
- Disrepair Prevention
Effective monitoring of outstanding repairs following complaints of leaks, condensation and damp. Ensure developments are tracked and resolved from a repair and customer perspective to help reduce the number of disrepair cases being referred to our colleagues in Planned
Invoice and variation approval for all works above a value of 1K.
- Diagnosis & Scheduling
Maintain onsite presence with oversight of the diagnosis and scheduling of repairs across our stock to ensure we adhere to decent homes standards
Produce clear and timely reports relating to work area where requested to do so. Produce inspection reports in line with inspector KPI’s.
- Corporate Working
Maintain appropriate linkages between the relevant functions across the organisation to develop and improve services
Maintain accurate and effective communication with your line manager (to include the provision of reports and presentations) ensuring that they are regularly appraised of planned changes and developments
- Personal Development
Undertake regular CPD (Continuing Personal Development)
Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by your line manager
- Commitment to Value for Money and Quality Standards
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Highly organised, can work with clear timeframes and good attention to detail
- Passion for collaboration and enjoys working as part of a team
- Creative thinker with a strong problem solver approach
- Contributes to ideas, suggestions that improve the quality of service
- Self motivated and resilient
- Customer -focused
- Inspires trust and confidence of multiple stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to suit different people and situation
- Respects, models and promotes confidentiality, fairness and integrity
- Understand technical and complex information
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A demonstrable commitment to deliver exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of construction techniques
- Knowledge of building standards regulatory requirements in relation to repairs and maintenance
- Demonstrable knowledge of construction Health and Safety regulations
- Experience gained from within a building/construction environment
- Ability to promote best practice in Look Ahead
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with a proven ability to influence and gain credibility with senior stakeholders and customers
- Undertake regular CPD (Continuing Personal Development) in construction related subjects
- Strong IT Skills – Microsoft Office – minimum Intermediate level
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by your line manager
- An HND or equivalent in construction or building studies
- A Full UK Driving Licence
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.