M/I Homes has been building new homes of outstanding quality and superior design for more than 40 years. Founded in 1976 by Irving and Melvin Schottenstein, and guided by Irving’s drive to always “treat the customer right,” we’ve fulfilled the dreams of over 140,000 homeowners and grown to become one of the nation’s leading homebuilders. M/I Homes started as a family business and grew into a national leader in a single generation with divisions in 16 markets, including Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh, San Antonio, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the daily activities of the Loan Specialist and Underwriter staff. Additionally, the ideal candidate will assist in the overall day-to-day operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and underwrite FHA, VA, and Conventional loans per underwriting guidelines.
- Responsible for the operational excellence of all MIFC branch systems, processes and reports including but not limited to:
- Underwriting Closed Loan and QC Audit reports
- Closing Status reports
- Accountable for front end branch loan administration and management processes to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper sign-off on / clear loan conditions.
- Approve closing packages.
- Problem resolution.
- Manage, supervise, and develop a team of loan specialists:
- Monitor/measure workload, quality of output and overall performance; make recommendations as required.
- Staffing and performance management.
- Team and individual training/development.
- Serve as a partner/consultant for homebuilding operations team.
- Perform all duties of the branch manager in the manager’s absence.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage policies and practices; Well versed in FHA/VA/USDA/Conventional Lending.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Strong technical skills; Proficiency in MS Office.
- Some travel may be required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Financial, LLC 4131 Worth Ave, Suite 460, Columbus, OH 43219. Company NMLS# 50684. For information on MIF licensing, please visit https://www.mihomes.com/financing.