Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
- Provide the complete service interface between client and centralized procurement department and the contractors / suppliers through processing procurement of services and material in line with budget, time and quality standards to ensure overall satisfaction.
- Perform pre-qualification process to update vendor’s database for reliable and capable suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure meeting time scale and deadlines for every procurement transaction and activity.
- Ensure procurement activities performed in compliance to the approved process.
- Contribution with Finance department on contract and orders associated business requirements and related documents verification.
- Accomplish cost savings through effective negotiation.
- Consolidated deals and contracts with major suppliers
- Consolidated performance measurement
- Cost saving
What you will do
- Ensure the procurement of services and goods are in line with budgets, time and quality requirements
- Execute the centralized procurement activity of the organization by implementing a professional, effective procurement function based upon agreed organisational process.
- Prepare requests for Information/Proposal/Quotation/ tenders with pertinent specifications, clear terms and conditions and prepare tender / quotations evaluation reports
- Conduct price analysis commercial evaluation of proposals and tenders in coordination with technical team.
- Prepare the final recommendations for internal acceptance/endorsement in accordance with the agreements reached with relevant customers.
- Prepare Contracts, Purchase Orders and Agreements for approval and circulate approved documents to all stakeholders
- Add value at each stage of Procurement function by working cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service.
- Prepare relevant reports at regular intervals, as agreed with the Procurement Manager, on progress against the baseline procurement program and supplier service delivery
Process & System
- Apply the P2P ERP Process for all procurement transactions by creating RFQ/ RFT and POs/Contracts via ERP system.
- Implement the set administrative, purchasing, and clerical procedures to maintain efficiency of the Procurement function.
- Ensure approvals are obtained in accordance with the relevant policies and the Delegation of Authority (DOA).
Make the most of departmental interdependencies.
Provide a complete service interface between customers and Procurement department as well as contractors / suppliers by ensuring satisfaction.
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree in Commerce/Finance or equivalent
- 6-8 Years of experience in a Procurement role
- CPP certificate is preferred
- Experience in Facility management is preferred.
- User experience in SAP MM module is preferred
Required Skills to be successful
- Knowledge of procurement methods and procedures is a must.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Knowledge in Incoterms standards is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suites including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint .
Behavioural Competencies :
- Team work
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.