At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 118 offices in 46 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Senior Cost Managers lead commissions of varying types and sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project. Our projects generally are of significant size and value.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To act as the key point of contact for the day to day successful delivery of cost management services across one or multiple commissions.
- When necessary, to perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
- To provide excellent service delivery to clients, gain their trust and enhance our reputation.
- To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service from pre contract to handover.
- To uphold Turner & Townsend values and ethics whilst delivering service excellence.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the Real Estate / Property sector working for a professional cost consultancy.
- Experience of both new build and fit-out projects.
- Experience of pre-contract services from feasibility through to tendering, measurement of building works for estimating, report writing and preparation of Bills of Quantities and tender documentation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects at any one time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously with minimal oversight and performs well under pressure.
- Experience of different procurement methods, single stage, two stage and design and build preferred.
- Experience of post-contract services, interim applications, change management, variation valuation and extension of time claims.
- Detailed experience of working with standard form contracts, FIDIC preferred, and administration of contract procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of high level benchmarks for various asset typologies, building elements and extensive knowledge of the latest market rates.
- Demonstrable experience in client-facing roles, professional approach and confidence in presenting to clients, other consultants and project stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working within a team and in managing measurement and / or post-contract teams.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with contractors personnel with confidence and assurance.
- Providing clear, correctly formatted and articulated report writing, cost estimate reports, cost reports, procurement reports and tender reports.
- Interfacing and effective communication with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the following accountabilities.
- Ensuring high quality accurate estimates and cost plans are submitted in a timely manner
- Cost plans / estimates are clearly and effectively articulated to clients.
- Understanding of key cost drivers and abnormalities for projects and have the ability to identify best value opportunities / solutions for the client.
- Producing pre-contract, post-contract and ad-hoc reports and presenting them to the client.
- Overseeing the production of full Bills of Quantities in line with the relevant standard methods of measurements
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
- Ensuring service excellence across all aspects of the commission.
- Understanding the clients needs and build the relationship
- Demonstrates a high level of drive, enthusiasm and commitment when completing tasks to agreed deadlines.
- A desire to learn and progress your career to the next level.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Preferably MRICS.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Understanding of construction contracts and the ability, when required, to provide contractual advice to clients.
- Proven track record of delivering service excellence to multiple clients.
- Ability to drive the commercial agenda for the project, chair commercial meetings and clearly articulate themselves be it written or orally.
- Knowledge of CostX preferred.
- Knowledge of BIM preferred.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.