Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!What you’ll learn & achieve::
Reporting directly to the Construction Program Manager, Real Estate & Facilities, the Construction Project Manager contributes to the coordination of the dynamic evolving global footprint. Oversee globally each project from conception to the completion, interfacing with real estate and construction professionals and UL’s businesses and functions. Manage multiple global projects including assisting in the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, setting deadlines, and monitoring and summarizing progress of projects. Collaborate directly with internal stakeholders and other departments to ensure all aspects of project are coordinated and recommend the engagement of outside resources, including architectural firms, general contractors, real estate developers, and consultants as needed to fulfill project needs.
Lead Enterprise projects related to Renovations, Relocations, Dispositions, Closures & New Builds. Drive the project start-up process for construction-related activities including project plans, budgets, work breakdown structure, resource planning, risk management, RACI, etc. Develop a project plan to monitor and track progress and ensure resource availability and allocation. Manage approval process.
- Assist in coordinating creation of approved space plans, architectural plans and scopes of work for construction.
- Responsible to prepare initial construction estimates, bidding out project and selection of contractors, as well as tracking budgets and change orders.
- Will facilitate handover of the project, once launched, to the assigned project manager from the sponsoring organization and/or third-party project/construction manager. Will ensure proper project close out procedures are accomplished.
- Work with real estate transaction managers and internal business unit clients from concept phase of each project to ensure clear understanding of project scope, requirements and vision. Developing the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage the design process to ensure that UL standards are met and that accurate and detailed budgets are created.
- Lead vetting and selection of development team and assist in the negotiation of contracts with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Supervise and manage local job superintendents or owner’s representative as applicable to track day-to-day progress on the site.
- Coordinate internal resources (EHS, IT, Risk Mgmt., Sourcing, etc.) and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques and ensuring UL policies and approval authorizations are followed.
- Report and escalate to management as needed, particularly for the approval of scope and cost increases.
- Conduct Due Diligence for M&A targets, perform or coordinate site inspections/condition assessments. Lead site consolidation, renovation, and disposition projects. Report out on conclusions to leadership and deal team.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture or a related disciplines. Equivalent experience maybe considered.
- 5 years of experience in designing and building industrial, manufacturing or laboratory space. In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of project safety best practices and implementation.
- Extensive experiencing managing budgets for large high cost, high complexity construction projects.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software, MS Office Suite.
- Mission: Shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to promote a secure and more sustainable world
- People: Work with colleagues, who listen to, learn from and challenge each other so that you can continually push for excellence and results
- Interesting work: Your work at UL will challenge you to try fresh approaches, work autonomously, drive change and help you gain in-depth experience in your field
- Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as your very own UL University.
- #ThisIsOurNormal: Competitive renumeration & bonus packages and much more!